{49} I want to marry Xiao Bai

The whole Fox family was tense and Dong Hua's eyes were cold. The fox king cast him a glance to figure out why this great god brought home his severely injured daughter. But no one dared say a single word to ask him anything. Feng Jiu often hurt herself but never so much that she was in such a bad state. She only became the queen and she's injured on her first day. 

Bai Qian was tense too. Ye Hua noticed and moved towards Dong Hua and cupped his hands.

"Di Jun, may I ask where did you find Feng Jiu? It's weird that she left Qingqiu so suddenly and came back injured. Something must be up."

"She was with me. I was fighting Tang Yin." Dong Hua said. Dong Hua still hadn't changed his blood-stained clothes. His figure was terrifying to everyone. After all, he was indeed the most powerful god. But at this moment his voice was still emotionless but it still sent shivers down people's spine for an unknown reason.

"Did she go there to give her life away?" The Fox King murmured angrily feeling both anger and fright. He knew it was her daughter, crazy for Dong Hua throwing her life away. But he was still mad at the god. After all, how could he blame his baby even now? She was in this state because of him. He was wondering why he didn't lock her up in the fox den so she would stop making them worry.  Dong Hua didn't look at him and took a breath. He hated that Xiao Bai had suffered.

Just then Zhe Yan called them in. Feng Jiu was lying on a bed her eyes closed. Dong Hua sat beside her shocking all yet again. 

"Xiao Bai." he caressed her face and frowned deeper. Zhe Yan was about to say something but became speechless for a moment. It's Dong Hua Di Jun? Not an imposter. He is talking so sweetly? He came back to his senses after awkwardly staring at Dong Hua.

"Her wounds are abnormal. It's likely..."

"Dark Magic." Ye Hua spoke up solemnly.

"Yes." Zhe Yan spoke in a low voice. "It didn't devour her and surprisingly her life force is brimming. Even the internal wounds are healing." Of course, that was because Dong Hua had fed spirit grass to Gunsha and it was helping Feng Jiu repair slowly. Everyone was relaxed. But Zhe Yan frowned.

"Then why isn't she waking up. Why is she burning up instead?" Dong Hua spoke as he looked at him with his piercing gaze.

"That is for another reason. She...Xiao Jiu has lost one of her tails." he said finally. Bai Qian and the other members of the fox family froze?

"Did she?..." Bai Zhen said but couldn't complete his sentence.

"I guess she indeed cut it herself. Losing a tail for a nine-tailed fox is more painful than losing a limb. It's basically torture that continues on. I can help her regrow her tail but even with medicines, it's impossible for her to not experience the pain of losing a tail. Tails are like lifelines for a nine-tailed fox. Losing it is no different from going through the pain of losing an entire life." Zhe Yan informed and sighed. Dong Hua's eyes darkened. He truly regretted ever leaving Tang Yin alive in the past. Regardless of troubles Dong Hua never once regretted his decisions but now he finally did. If his decisions hurt Xiao Bai, how can he still say he was right. 

He abruptly noticed Feng Jiu's pale expression returning and stood up. He turned to the fox King.

"Di Jun. Thank you for bringing Xiao Jiu home. I know my daughter caused you trouble but right now she is not well. She is even ready to throw her responsibilities and life away for you. This king can not tell you to marry Xiao Jiu, but only that you could ignore her properly without giving her any hopes. Our fox family usually only chooses one person for life but seeing Xiao Jiu is young and foolish she will be able to move on one day." he said and looked at Dong Hua who looked deep in thought.