Chapter 53 Zoe Lawson

Valentine Winters P.O.V

"So, what did you do with that snake?" Gabriel questioned Lucifer.

We were on the training ground to prepare Lucifer for the event where he needs to challenge my father for the alpha throne.

"Since he faked being a doctor, he had been sent to school and learn how to be one." Lucifer answered.

All the doctors in our pack have certified degrees and PhD. The ones that usually tend to become doctors are the Zeta's since they are the weakest in the link when it comes to brute strength, however, they are known to be quite successful when it comes down to education.

"With what funds?" I enquired.

Even I was clueless about this.

"His father, Mr. Hale." Lucifer answered.

"How?" I inquired.

"My, well, ex-dad has access to all of their accounts, we keep track of the money entering and those being spent, it's for security purposes in case they betray the clan, we'd freeze their account." Lucifer states.

"How come your account wasn't frozen?" I asked.

Lucifer sighed.

"Because I was someone, he trusted most of all." He answers looking away.

"Their mother passed away at a very young age from a rogue wolf kill, she took her life trying to save him." He then stories.

"That's quite a story but remind me again to why you left his heart still beating?" Gabriel cut in, narrowing his eyes at Lucifer.

Theodore Hale P.O.V

"Why are you following me?" I asked Zachary's sister, the one I bit, with an annoyed tone and expression while I was folding my clothes that we had to pack from our houses. She was leaning against my door frame.

I have now settled in a room away from my brothers, it was way smaller. Obviously, a punishment.

My brothers were so disappointed with me. They refused to talk to me after the incident. I'm not sure what had happened with the hunters either but we were now forbidden to visit them, therefore, the surveillance here had been upgraded.

"It's a mate thing." She answers, folding her arms over her chest. I noticed she had dark brown hair that only reached a little below her collarbones and piercing green eyes.

Why am I even noticing that?

"I know about the mate thing. I'm not interested." I responded bluntly.

She unfolded her arms and stomped over in front of me before pulling back her hair, revealing the bite I gave that was still on her neck.

"You should have thought about that before you gave me this." She pointed at it.

"Just put some ointment on it, it will go away." I scoffed at her.

"No, it won't." She started.

"It will only disappear when someone else marks me." She voiced.

"Then find someone else." I huffed.

"I have other important matters to worry about, and you're not on that list." I stated.

"I can't do that either." She tells.

I was starting to lose my patience with her. How could I be more direct that I do not want her?

"Why not?" I asked with a harsher tone.

"We are fated for each other, it's not as simple as finding someone else." She retorted.

I sighed.

"Look-" I started.

"Zoe? What are you doing here with this mutt?" Zachary came in the room out of nowhere.

So, her name was Zoe?

That's pretty neat.

What am I even thinking?

Wait, did he just call me a mutt?

Zoe was at a loss of words as though she never expected her brother to be here.

"Let's go." Zachary calls her out.

"We weren't finished." Zoe tries as she looks at me to give her a hand at the current situation.

"No, I think we are. You can have her." I told over to Zachary.

"Don't speak to me, we aren't friends." Zachary says rudely.

"I need to let him know the importance of being mates." Zoe explains to Zachary.

Honestly, I do not care nor even want to know anything in regards to it.

I just wanted them to leave me alone at the moment, they were invading my space and my privacy.

"He's not worth being your mate, he's an imposter. You can pick mates too and there are many eligible men in our pack." Zachary opinions.

Why does that statement stir some anger within me?

Zoe looked over at me to observe my expression, wanting me to say something.

However, I kept silent.

She frowned before stomping away angrily, leaving my room.

What did she even expect me to say?

Zachary sighed before looking over at me. "Stay away from her." He warns.

I put my hands up motioning that I was fine with that and he left after it.

I closed the door behind him and suddenly I felt a little lonely and her presence was somehow comforting around me.

What's wrong with me?

Apparently now because of my little incident, they've instructed me to actually study and be a doctor?

Don't they understand they can't force a doctor out of me? I was born to be a hunter, to kill werewolves, not save them.

Sorry for the long wait again, been a couple of busy days. I'll try and update the next chapter as soon as I can. Thank you luuuuuuuuuuna10 and belyseeee for the comments!! The next chapter will be dedicated to you guys since it's on Gabriel and Lilith!! Love all of you!

PLZZ VOTE

PLZZ COMMENT

FOLLOW - @mrssnowman_ (Instagram)

- Valentine Winters