Chapter 36 Fear of The Red Flower

Recap:

"The young hunters are not fast enough to get out." She says looking at Devon and the rest.

What are we going to do?

Gabriel Zades P.O.V

"How could you have just left the babies there." My mom reprimanded me while she drove her car down to the enemy's territory as I led her.

"Lilith was hurt, I had no choice." I defended.

"Newborn babies! I get Lilith was hurt; you could've asked someone else to bring them home." She speaks.

It didn't cross my mind; all I could think about at the time was to bring Lilith back to the packhouse.

"And Valentine, being a mother, she was supposed to be there with them." My mom shook her head, furrowing her eyebrows.

Lucifer Zades P.O.V

'There's a bomb in the building, everyone leave this place!' I mind-linked to the wolves that I managed to deliver the message.

"There are others in different cells." Devon says.

I took a deep breath, running my fingers through my hair before a thought dawned upon me as I looked at them.

"I can take his body outside, far away from the building, no one gets hurt in that case. Free the others" I directed.

I was about to carry his body when Laverna shielded me from him by spreading her wings and took a hold onto Achilles body before she looked down at me and gave a small smile. "Take care of the others, my son."

What?

There were only 15 seconds left on the clock.

She disappeared with his body away from the building.

"Mother, no!" Lorraine protested as she looked at Lucinda who also had a worried expression.

"Let's go free the others." I looked at Devon.

Gabriella Zades P.O.V

'We need to go!' I mind-link to my pack as I heard Lucifer warned us.

Suddenly I felt a searing pain invade my form as I halted my tracks.

Octavius.

'Octavius, where are you?' I tried calling after him.

However, there was no response from him.

I caught a whiff of his scent before quickly following it and caught him laying unconscious on the ground in his human form.

No.

I rushed to his side, trying to wake him up by nuzzling my snout over his face yet still no response was given. 

I saw two bullet wounds pierced onto his stomach and shoulder where black blood was oozing out, resulting in me to panic and my heartbeat to accelerate.

My wolf was continuously whimpering inside my head wanting to tend to her mate.

I snuffled his bullet wounds, sensing wolfsbane.

What was I to do?

'Zachary, I need help!' I quickly called onto him.

Just then there was a big explosion in the sky as some of the sparks from it dropped down into the woods, starting up a fire as it touches the dry leaves.

'What's wrong?' Zachary asks.

'It's Octavius, he's hurt.' I replied and within a few seconds, Zachary was by my side examining Octavius's body.

The stems of the trees were starting to catch fire, moving closer to our pack.

'Move now!' My dad ordered in our heads.

Gabriel Zades P.O.V

"Why is there a big red ball of fire in the sky?" My mom questioned looking ahead of her.

I followed her eyes and saw an explosion in the atmosphere near the hunters building.

My mom and I looked at each other. Panic filling our bones, as my mom pressed on the accelerator.

Lucifer Zades P.O.V

'Let's go." Alvin said to Theodore, his youngest brother.

"No!" Theodore shouted holding onto his dad's lifeless form.

I saw Lucinda looking away from the scene.

"We need to hurry; the forest is on fire." Lorraine rushed.

Simon, the middle brother kneeled beside Theodore, giving him a short hug before trying to make him stand up while Theodore refuses.

"Come on." Alvin and Simon forced Theodore up.

Devon and I helped release the other young hunters that were held in different vaults while Lucinda and Lorraine left to direct their clans.

As we stepped out of the building, we saw so many bodies on the ground.

Bodies of hunters.

Vampires.

Werewolves.

It was a bloodbath.

Some crying over bodies while the fire was spreading from the back of us.

It was horrifying.

Too many bodies were lying dead on the ground.

Valentine's eyes widen as she took in the scene in front of her with disbelieving eyes.

Her body trembled.

I looked over to see Devon standing over a body to the far side, it was his dad's, Mr Pendragon.

I held onto Valentine's hand, intertwining our fingers but as I tried to pull her with me to get going, she did not budge.

I turned to face her, furrowing my eyebrows.

What now?

PLZZ VOTE

PLZZ VOTE

PLZZ COMMENT

FOLLOW

-    Valentine Winters