Chapter 59 Words Cuts Deeper Than Knives

Lucifer Zades P.O.V

I tried to contact Lorraine but her phone was engaged. I did have my doubts that I would be growing wings being half-vampire. But I didn't expect to grow one while being a wolf.

I truly am an abomination.

My wounds had already healed but I still decided to take a shower to rinse off the stains on my skin.

Surprisingly, Valentine was nowhere in sight after my victory. Did she go to check up on the babies? Why didn't she just let me know so?

I walked over to our twins' nursery room to check if she was there but she wasn't either. I sighed before nearing Leia's cradle and just watched her sleep.

I still can't believe I'm a father of two. It always takes me some time to wrap my head around that.

I heard the door open slowly and Valentine came in. "There you are." She spoke.

"Where were you?" I asked facing her with a low voice, careful not to wake either of them up.

"I went to see my dad." She answered.

"You went to see your dad and not me?" I questioned feeling a little annoyed.

"He was injured badly." She reasoned.

"So was I." I scoffed.

Valentine sighed.

"He's my dad -." She started.

"And I'm your husband." I cut in. Maybe I was being a little immature and selfish but I somehow was still slightly irritated of the fact that she always chooses him over me. Maybe it's because I always choose her over anyone, but I also understand that our circumstances were different.

"He's old. I just needed to know if he was alright. It was hard seeing him getting defeated." She continued.

Wait, what?

"Did you not want me to win?" I asked.

"I did, but-" She began.

"You don't think the battle was fair do you?" I cut in.

"I didn't say that." She stated.

"Save it." I said as I turned away from her and just watched Leia sleep.

I felt a strong tug on my hand as Valentine grabbed it pulled it to the side, resulting my body to face her frame.

She had her eyebrows furrowed, seeming angry. That's her being angry?

"Listen before you blindly assume." She says and took a deep breath before exhaling.

"He's my dad. Getting defeated in front of his daughter and the whole pack is not something that anyone could take lightly. It's embarrassing, though it happens all the time whenever a new alpha comes in. I know you held yourself back and I appreciate it. It's just hard seeing your hero fall, so I just wanted to make sure that he was okay." She explained.

I sighed before nodding.

A few seconds passed.

"So... wings huh?" She broke the silence.

"I tried calling Lorraine for answers but she's not answering." I told as I looked at my phone to check if she responded to any of it.

"She won't be answering anytime soon either." Out of nowhere, I heard Lucinda's voice as she walked into the room.

"How were you able to pass through?" Valentine asks.

She just motioned towards Gabriel and Adamone who was standing there. Gabriel is out of his room?

"So, this is my little nephew and niece." Lucinda coos sauntering over towards their cribs.

"Everybody out of the room now." I directed and closed the door behind us softly not to wake them up.

"Spill." I said.

Lilith Ra P.O.V

"Besides, I don't need to go look for them, oh no. They'll come here looking for both of you." Oz snickers.

"You're wrong." I voiced and he turned to face me.

"I have no one to come looking for me." I told. I was more than sure that Gabriel would have felt relieved that I was gone.

If he knew, he would have come to save me a long time ago.

He chuckled before snapping his fingers, creating a portal where we could see Lucifer, Valentine, Adamone, Gabriel and Lorraine's sister discussing over something. Looking at Gabriel's figure after a long time had my heart pumping rapidly. He looks as though he hasn't shaved for weeks and he didn't look as fresh as how he normally does.

"They're already planning." He says and suddenly the portal closed on its own and Oz's smile faltered.

"Get out of my head." He suddenly says and closes his eyes for a brief moment to calm himself before opening them back.

He shrugged, "Daddy issues."

"I can't use magic much in the other world or he'd track us." He spoke looking at his hands.

"Not interested, now let us go." Lorraine says as she tries to break free of her cuffs once more.

He simply smirked at her efforts before extending his arm towards me, uttering something as his eyes once again flickered to orange and cuffs magically appeared on my wrists too.

He opened the room door.

"Move." He ordered while me and Lorraine refused.

"Don't make me say it again." He warned.

Valentine Winters P.O.V

"So, what can we do now? I can't leave the pack, I just became an alpha." Lucifer says.

"And I don't want you to go either." I spoke as all eyes fall on me.

"We've just started our life, we have two children and he has responsibilities now. I don't agree in putting Lucifer's life at risk again." I reasoned.

"My sister is out there because Lucifer asked for her help to find Lilith." Lucinda notes as I looked at Lucifer.

"I wasn't aware of that." I admitted.

"How could you be so selfish? We risked our lives to save yours. We need all the help we can get to save my mate." Gabriel accuses.

"Maybe if you treated her right, she wouldn't have left." The words escaped my lips before I was able to stop them.

"Fine, don't help. Just know that she almost died fighting to save you." Gabriel stomped away angrily. 

PLZZ VOTE

PLZZ COMMENT

FOLLOW - valentinewinters_(IG)

- Valentine Winters