Chapter 24 Guns and Blood Bags

Recap:

"Adam." She said with a little knowing in her eyes as she looked at me with fear.

"I'm s-starting to f-forget." She stuttered frightfully.

Adamone Levi P.O.V

We returned back to our camping spot, wearing back our clothes.

"Adam?" I heard Evelyn's voice.

"Yes?" I instantly was beside her, sitting down.

"Are you okay?" I asked, observing her reaction.

She opened her mouth to ask something but she was hesitant to speak out, as she bit her bottom lip.

"Just tell me." I said bringing her chin up to face me using my forefinger and thumb.

"Could I please lay down and sleep next to you?" She requested.

I guess after knowing that I was her mate, her wolf had been yearning for my physical comfort but I wasn't really sure if that was it or if she really wanted it.

"Sure." I said.

We were facing each other as we lay there on the ground, the awkwardness settled in.

I felt as though there were things running inside her head that she wanted to express yet was holding in.

Me on the other hand, I don't know what I'd do if she ever starts to forget about me again.

Her words kept echoing in my mind and I couldn't get her reaction out of my head.

"Could I ask you something?" Evelyn questioned snapping me out of my thoughts.

I nodded, giving her a small smile.

"When did you plan on rejecting me?" The words left out of her mouth.

It sounded wrong.

"Honestly, I don't know." I sighed.

"I never really thought about when I was going to reject you. I was doing it by ignoring you. You were young and innocent." I continued.

"But then," I chuckled slightly.

"I still couldn't be away from you for long though, I always found myself trying to be near you." I said.

Her cheeks blushed as I said that making my stomach flutter.

I took my time to admire her features.

All I could think about was how beautiful she was.

"Could I ask you one more question?" She enquired.

I smiled giving her the green light.

"Would you leave once I completely forget about you?" Her voice went low at the end.

My smile immediately vanished.

"I mean, even if you do, I wouldn't remember anyway, so you'd be free to go ahead with your life without me." She said as her voice cracked a little when she finished her sentence.

Seeing me without a response, her eyes instantly coated in regret.

"I'm sorry." She apologized. "I know I w-went out of l-line." She stammered looking away.

I scooched closer to her frame that was trembling a little and looked straight into her eyes that were welling up with tears once more.

"If I wanted to stay away, I wouldn't have volunteered to come to this journey with you. You're my responsibility." I said.