Chapter 46 Awaiting Lucifer's Birthday

Laverna Reine P.O.V

"How is this possible?" He questions himself before a thought crossed his mind.

"Vampire." He huffed, chuckling sarcastically before shaking his head.

"Of course." He continues.

"The perfect set up." He says.

"With all, you'd played me well while I fell in love with you. What a clown I was." He stated.

"I never meant to hurt you." I tried.

He put his hand up motioning for me to stop speaking.

"Don't." He stops.

"My father is dead, isn't he?" He then asks, looking away from me.

I kept my lips sealed.

"He shot himself." I told.

"I'm officially an orphan now." He started.

"Lucifer betrayed me, Kyle was murdered, my father shot himself, and now I see my dead wife come back alive as a vampire. So why did you come here for? To pity me?" He scoffed.

"No." I answered.

"I came to mend my mistakes." I spoke, nearing him.

"Get away from me." He gritted with clenched teeth.

"I loved you. Half of why I even sought revenge on the wolves was for you." He confronted.

"Come with me." I suggested.

"I would rather be dead than be an abomination in this world." He said.

"What would you have to lose?" I asked.

"My dignity." He answered.

I sighed sitting on the bed beside him.

"We can be happy again." I told.

"You don't look a day older than 33, I, on the other hand, am 56 years old." He huffed.

"What are you doing here, mom?" I heard Lorraine's voice from the back.

"And why are you with a hunter at that?" She questions.

"You need to leave." I stood up from the bed.

"No, what is happening here?" She asks.

"Mom?" Theo inquires looking between the both of us.

"Who is her father then? Or did you play him too?" He asks sarcastically.

"Enough." I said.

"Maybe it was a mistake to have come here." I looked at Theo.

"Let's leave." I directed Lorraine.

"Don't hate me for your truth." Theo then mutters under his breath from behind me.

Lucifer Zades P.O.V

I felt my thirst for blood start peaking towards the edge as I tried to regulate my breathing.

I went over to the mini-fridge in our room where Lorraine stocked up the blood bags, before taking one out and drinking it.

When I turned slightly, I came to face with Valentine's surprised expression as she seemed perplexed to why I was drinking blood.

"You never really told me what happened to you." She then spoke.

"Where are the babies?" I asked instead, before throwing the bag in the trash can, while her eyes followed my movements.

"They're with my mom. I came to check up on you and –" She motioned towards my whole frame, pointing out my actions just seconds ago.

"I'm a hybrid." I sighed.

Her eyes widen. "What-how?" She then inquires.

"My mom, she was actually a vampire. The one that saved you from Achilles back at the hunters' realm." I explained.

"And the two other vampire girls?" She pointed.

"Half-sisters." I answered.

"When did you even plan on telling me any of this?" She questions furrowing her eyebrows.

"I was going to tell you today myself but you caught me." I spoke.

Valentine sighed before nearing towards my frame.

"So is blood the only thing you can consume now?" She then questions.

"No." I shook my head.

"I can still taste normal meals, it's just that the craving starts from time to time." I said.

I was going to kiss her lips, but she backed away a little scrunching up her face.

"I can smell the blood, I'm sorry." She says, feeling slightly guilty for doing so.

"It's alright." I gave her a small smile.

"There's one more thing." She then says and I looked at her to go on.

"Usually when a wolf turns 21, they will have to challenge the alpha to lead the pack." She started.

"In a few months, you are about to turn 20, which means in a natural manner you would have a year more to fight for the throne. However, since you now have two descendants of your own, on your birthday you would have to challenge the alpha, my dad." She explained.

"So basically, I have 8 months to prepare, that shouldn't be so hard." I stated.

She shook her head.

"It usually takes 3 to 4 years of training to win over an alpha." She detailed.

"Even an old one like your dad?" I questioned.

"You haven't met his wolf, Norwich. He defeated my grandfather within 10 minutes." She then told.

"Let's then beat the record now, shall we?" I smirked.

"You're overconfident." She states, sighing.

I shrugged. "Now, what's next?"

"The funeral preparations for the wolves that have sacrificed their lives to save me." Valentine speaks frowning. 

PLZZ VOTE

PLZZ COMMENT

FOLLOW

- Valentine Winters