Chapter 57 The Fight for The Throne

Lucifer Zades P.O.V

The whole pack surrounded us in the middle of the forest to stand witness for the fight.

Valentine's father stood before me within a few meters away.

"Heed the rules of our law, may fate show us which one is worthy to be deemed our leader." Zachary stood between us as he said it out loud for everyone to hear.

"There is one exception to be mentioned in this fight." Zachary then says as he turned to face me.

"In this bizarre circumstance of a werewolf fighting against a hybrid, a fair fight was requested by the majority of the pack." He continued.

"The hybrid is to suppress his vampire side which includes speed and strength. If a breach had been found, the werewolf automatically gains his throne as alpha once more." He stated, facing Nathanial.

"That's ridiculous, how am I to control what I am?" I questioned.

"That's yours to figure out. Remember our training. Let the fight begin." Zachary faced me for a moment before backing away from the field.

Nathanial slowly transformed into his seal-coloured wolf that growled ferociously at me baring his canines.

Here goes nothing.

Hunter took over my body as black fur started sprouting out of my skin, and within seconds I was on all four, while my wolf lowly growled at its opposite opponent.

We circled each other, waiting for the other to start the attack but I had to wait patiently for his move.

Memory:

"So, what's your dad's fighting technique?" I questioned Valentine while she was feeding Niklaus in her arms.

"My dad observes his opponents moves before he attacks, therefore, he will never make the first move." She says.

"In that case, what do you suggest I do?" I asked.

"Always change your offense pattern." She told.

Reality:

He is never going to make the first move.

I stopped circling, making him stop in his tracks too as he waited for my attack.

He started growling menacingly for me to submit to him while taking slow and steady steps towards me but my wolf wasn't having it, as we growled back refusing to submit.

Before anything, I made the first move to attack him as I aimed to lung at his throat but in time he dodged it before snapping his snout at me, trying to lock his jaw in any flesh that he can take a hold of.

Memory:

"It's okay switch into a defence mode, that does not make you a coward. Fight smart using your brains, only brawns is not enough. You will fail." Gabriel taught me.

Reality:

I dodged his attacks, trying to observe his technique. He always lunges for my throat or my legs.

From the corner of my eyes, I noticed Valentine's worried expression, one because of her father and another for her mate, me.

Memory:

"What would you consider a wolf's weakness?" I asked Zachary.

"I'd say their ears, it's the softest tissue compared to any other parts of a wolf's body." He noted.

I nodded, taking that into account.

"One more thing." He started as I looked at him to continue.

"Always be unpredictable." He states.

Reality:

I took a hold of Nathanial's ear making him whimper in pain as I latched onto it. If he moves too much, there's a chance of tearing it.

Suddenly I felt something else started growing at the back of my shoulders having me to let go of his ear giving him a chance to push me away as I landed on the ground a couple of meters away in a harsh thud.

I started whimpering as I felt a weird sensation at the back of my shoulders, as something was painfully sprouting out of my skin, making me howl in agony.

Gasps were being heard from around me as they watched me in fascination.

What was happening?

'You grew wings.'  Valentine mind-linked me.

Lorraine Warren P.O.V

"You're insane to think I'll ever be yours." I said to him as I tried to free myself of the cuffs.

Oz looked down at my hands as I tried to break them and chuckled before landing his eyes on my face once more.

"It's enchanted and I don't 'think' it, you are mine." He says confidently.

"I'm a vampire princess already betrothed to a vampire prince." I told and his whole eyes turned to charcoal black for a mere second.

"Too bad he's on the waiting list." He utters.

"Now let's go, shall we? Mother is waiting." He spoke and with another flick of his finger, everything started to change around us, including the way the room was looking as if a hurricane was swirling and within a few seconds, all of us was in a way different room from before.

"Where have you taken us?" Lilith questions him from my right.

"Home." He simply states with a smirk.

I looked outside the window of the room, and I was more than sure that this definitely was not the same world.

This was the warlocks and witches' empire that I never knew existed.

No one could ever find us here.

"There's so many of you." The words escaped my mouth before I could even stop it.

"Why us?" I turned to him.

"Nothing personal, just business." Oz shrugs.

"However, I may need to make an exception for you and ask mother to find another vampire to replace you." He says.

"So, let me now get into your pretty little head and know where I can find the others." He stated nearing towards me, and for the first time, instilling fear within me. 

Thank you @Sandralbrahim9 for the kind comment, love! Hope everyone enjoyed the chapter!

PLZZ VOTE

PLZZ COMMENT

FOLLOW (IG- valentinewinters_)

- Valentine Winters