Shocked《Part 20》

I don't know how I got into this situation. Alice is really good at being in the wrong place at the wrong time. And I hate that with a burning passion.

"You're pretty dumb for superhero.  Don't you know cats hate water?"

"Doesn't mean they can't survive in it." I snap as rain starts to fall, poking my face as I avoid Stormy Weather's powers. Again. Gosh Chloe you really outdid yourself this time if Aurore was akumatized again.

The rain falls even harder and the wind starts to pick up, to the point where it's as if everything around me is about to be blown away.

I hear a scream behind me. "Alice are you gonna tell me what's going on!?" the black-haired girl yells as Alice grabs her arm.

"No I won't Daphne, but--" Alice jumps as a bolt of lightning misses her foot by inches and hits the sidewalk.

"I told you to be careful!" I yell back.

"I was literally walking home what do you expect?! I didn't mean to get Daphne caught up on this," she says, her voice shaking slightly.

"So I can't even walk home with my friend without someone being akumatized?" Alices friend, who's name is Daphne apparently, pouts. She looks more annoyed than scared. "Sure, let's just ignore that and act like everything is perfectly fine."

"Not the time to be sarcastic Daphne!" Alice says, still holding her back.

I quickly turn to Stormy. "Let them go."

"Aww but that would be too easy wouldn't it?" she laughs. "However, I suppose I can make it more interesting." A shock of lightning suddenly emits from Story's hands, and Daphne cries out from the pain of the shock. Alice quickly catches her before she stumbles over her own feet.

"Daphne, can you hear me?"

Despite the fact she's shaking, she manages to mutter,"Y-yeah...I can..."

"Good. Don't talk for now," Alice interrupts. Neither of them can do anything in this state. Daphne's too hurt, and Alice is is enough trouble already. The akuma's probably in the umbrella.

Stormy just smiles at this. "Neither of you are going anywhere until I get what I want." A spark of lighting appears at the top of her closed umbrella.

"The more you stall, the more of my power you all get to experience. Especially her!" she says excitedly, pointing at Alice. "I don't think I need to demonstrate what that looks like. It hurt, didn't it? Well I'll make sure it hurts even more!"

"What is Alice's deal with villains these days?!" I say out loud.

"Hey!"

"If I told you then taking both of your powers wouldn't be as fun, would it?" Stormy Weather laughs.

Alice's scowl is enough to say what she's thinking.  "Aurore," she says quickly. "I know you're really upset at what Chloe did, and I don't blame you for it. But you can't just take it out on other people."

"Chloe deserves what she gets!"

"That doesn't mean you're any better than her, especially right now!" Alice says back. "When you're like this, you're actually even worse."

I look down, and I notice the light emitting from Alice's necklace.

Wait, her necklace?! I thought I was holding on to it! I never gave it to her, so how did she get it back from me?

It starts pretty dim but then quickly becomes brighter, until she's surrounded by a dark mist. Alice what the heck are you doing?!

And as it starts full on hailing, she seems oblivious to what's happening. "You have no idea how much you're powers are annoying me right now."

*swear warning*
Suddenly it's as if the mist explodes, then I'm knocked off my feet and my back slams against the hard ground.
"Welp, I didn't exactly expect her to listen," I groan.

"I am so so sorry," a voice says. I force myself to sit up and stare at the scene. Alice is sitting next to me, and we're surrounded by rubble and there's a million cracks in the road. "Shit," Alice mutters, staring at the pitch black clouds in her hands. "Shit shit shit shit."

"Alright that's enough," I say sternly.

"I just fucking used my powers and that's what you're telling me?!" she says a little too loudly. She pulls a passed out Daphne closer to her.

I glare at her. "I think the bigger question is how did you get your necklace back from me?"

*end of swear warning*
Alice obviously wasn't expecting this question because now she has nothing to say. She claps once and the smoke in her hands disappears. "I'm sorry. It was last night, Plagg snuck me out and...I met the guardian again. I was tired of not knowing anything." She sounds surprised at herself, but she continues.

"But, I didn't realize finding out also meant going behind your back. We trusted each other, and I should've remembered that."

I sigh. "I guess you had good intentions, but you still should've told me. And how the heck did you get Plagg to help you?"

She laughs nervously. "It's a short story, but I think you're still too occupied to hear it." She points to the growing thunderstorm above us.

"On the plus side, I have a new mission myself. Not only does Lila know, but she's also a rat. There's no point in stalling anymore. I'm confronting her. That lying piece of--" She swears multiple times under her breath as I think of a plan. I think it's a habit.

"Well, good luck trying to figure out what she was up to."

"Thanks. I would wish you luck too, but I don't think you need it," Alice says. "Besides, I need to get Daphne back to her place. I don't want her questioning so much when she wakes up." She picks herself out of the rubble and takes my hand, pulling me up as well.

"Now I gotta go. I have an akuma to capture.
***
Dodge. Kick. Jump. Don't repeat.

"Stay put you mangy cat!" she screams.

I look down on her from the street lamp. "I would but I kinda need that umbrella," I sigh as my ears flick. "You understand right?"

Just as she raises her umbrella I jump and grab it, then snap it in half. Do akumas make objects easier to break or something?!

With a single "Cataclysm," the akuma us gone. Not purified, just, gone.

As the sky begins to clear, Stormy Weather is covered in a purple mist until she's Aurore again. "Wait...what happened? How did I get here?" she asks nervously.

I sigh and smile at her. "Don't worry. What matters is that you're safe now."

Despite the fact that I'm talking so casually, my mind is almost a blur. This is the first time I've had to do something without my partner, but I did it anyway.

The thought makes me smile. Hopefully you're okay Ladybug. And I hope you know that I'll always be here, as your partner and your friend.