Jealousy Trapped 《Part 29》

Adrien

I've hated being alone for as long as I can remember. But if I had to choose another thing I hate, it's being locked up. So you can imagine how I feel about both of those things right now. 

The light shines through my window, making me wish I had curtains big enough to cover them. Right now I just hate looking outside, because I know I can't go there. 

Four days. That's how long I've been in my room. A small amount of time, but it might as well be an eternity. I can't contact anyone since I can't find my phone. I'm assuming Nathalie snuck in and took it when I was asleep. She also turned off the connection, so any other device in my room isn't an option. 

Of course, Nathalie's not pure evil or anything. She leaves breakfast at the door every morning, and delivers lunch and dinner later in the day. It made me confused at first, because I never noticed when she did. Then I remembered that she was the one who locked me in here, so she probably knew how to get in and out. 

I usually didn't mind being in my room for too long because I had Plagg with me, but now that he's gone the silence is unbearable. 

I think of Ladybug facing akumas by herself. What if something happens to her, and I can't help her because I'm stuck in this stupid place? 

Even if I'm able to find a way out of here, how will I get my miraculous? 

•Marinette•

As the bell's screams travel throughout the school, I walk down the steps of the building, heading on my way home. 

"Marinette."

I turn around when I hear the familiar voice, and the corners of my lips turn up when I see Kagami. My short second of happiness goes away when I see her expression. She always has a cold look on her face, but the usual glare of her brown eyes is much softer this time. 

Before I can ask if anything's wrong, Kagami starts talking. "I'm sorry if it seems like I'm bothering you, but it's important. Have you seen Adrien?"

A few months ago the question would've made me jealous, or the slightest bit annoyed. It kind of still does, but not as much as it used to. Baby steps, right?

I shake my head. "He hasn't been in class for a few days. Why are you looking for him?"  

"I...I want to speak with him," she says. "Part of me wants to wait until he's ready, but the other just wants to see him again. You can guess which side I went with."

Her choice of words float in my head, and I ask if she and Adrien had a fight or something. She quickly shakes her head. 

"Please don't tell anyone else this," she pleads. I nod, agreeing to keep her secret. Kagami sighs with relief. "...I told Adrien I liked him," she admits. "He said that he wanted to stay just friends. Now I feel like he's avoiding me. Is that normal Marinette?"

I hardly hear her question. I knew Kagami was getting closer with Adrien, but I didn't think she liked him that way! Not only that, but she had the guts to confess?! 

I know I told myself that I'd try to sort out my crush on Adrien, but that doesn't mean my jealousy disappeared into thin air. Even so, that doesn't mean I have to be a total jerk. 

"I'm sorry Kagami, even if I don't seem like it. It must've taken a lot of courage to tell him how you feel," I tell her honestly. "I haven't seen Adrien in a few days. It's not like him to be late, let alone miss the entire class. Why don't you call him?"