Threats《Part 12》

Marinette POV
"No no this is wrong! Something's not right with it," I complain. I put down my pencil and turn to my kwami. "This design isn't that bad, right Tikki?"

Tikki looks up from the macaroon she had been eating and flies over to my sketchbook. "It looks really good Marinette! You're designs aren't as bad as you think you know!" she says cheerfully.

I look at for another second and smile. Tikki's triumphant look only lasts for a second, because I rip out the page, and throw it into the pile of other crumpled papers that's sitting next to me.

"My brain is so annoying today." I groan. The kwami just shakes her head and flies back to her macaroon. I start tapping the paper with my pencil, trying to force myself to think of something.

A little gasp from Tikki interrupts my thoughts. "Tikki what's up?" I ask curiously. She heads towards my trap door and flies through in a hurry. I open it and follow her up the ladder.

"Tikki what's going on?" I ask, starting to get worried. "There's something here Marinette! I can just tell!" she insists. Suddenly we hear thunder in the distance, and I put my hand to my forehead as rain starts to fall.

"Oh Tikki," I laugh. "Let's go back inside. I still have to go to school tomorrow remember?" I turn back towards the open trap door, but something holds me back. It's an unsettling feeling that wasn't there before.

I turn to Tikki, who says,"I really feel like something's wrong Marinette." I turn to the railing of the balcony. Just as I'm about to remind Tikki that nothing is wrong, I hear a shrill scream.

What the--what was that!?

I look around, trying to find the direction of where the sound came from. Unexpectly, Tikki gasps and points a few miles away. There's black smoke. A lot of it.

At first, I think it might be a small fire or something. And then a thought comes to mind. Alice.....is something wrong with her? Maybe I'm just over thinking. Tikki had a strange feeling too though. Can you even tell whether smoke looks normal or not? That's  strange isn't it? Oh who am I kidding, this is Paris I'm living in, a city with a villain trying to steal two jewels for who knows what.

And then another thought makes me even more worried. Her miraculous is corrupted. I still haven't told her. What if she's in a situation where she needs to use it!?

"Looks like I'm going with my gut, I'll just check, and see if something is up." I reply hesitantly. "Tikki, spots on!"

Adrian
"I'm booored." Plagg yawns next to me. "You've been playing that same thing over and over again."

I shrug off his response and keep playing, my fingers gliding through the keys of the piano. But there's no emotion. I'm just playing, nothing else. I can tell why Plagg is bored. I am too.

I stand up and pull out my phone, then start playing the sound of the recording loud enough for the other people in the house to hear. I've done this multiple times so my father and Nathalie think I'm still practicing.

"You really need to find better hobbies Adrien. Like eating cheese!" Plagg says. I just smile sadly. I don't hate the piano. I hate that I only play it when I'm told to.

I look out my window and sigh. "At least being stuck inside all the time isn't so bad," I finally say. "I still have you, right Plagg?" My kwami nods before taking a greedy bite into a piece of cheese. Again.

I go back to look outing the window, and gasp when I look up. Is that...Ladybug? What is she doing?

"Enough Plagg! We have somewhere to be." I say quickly. He groans and reluctantly puts his cheese down. "Fine. But let's hurry up, I'm still hungry."

I roll my eyes. "Plagg, claws out!"

No one's POV

Marinette, now Ladybug, jumps from building to building trying to keep track of the smoke, which is sort of becoming problem. It's hard when it's this dark and you also have to time your jumps right.

"So what are we doing tonight?" a playful voice asks from behind her. Ladybug hurriedly looks next to her, but takes a breath of relief when she sees who it is. "Try not to scare me like that next time Chat Noir," she says as she runs. She can't decide if she's joking or if she's serious.

Chat just smiles and says,"No promises. You still haven't answered my question M'lady." It could be a life and death situation and he'd still find something to joke about. Ladybug just ignores him and keeps running. It'd probably sound stupid to say they're doing this on a hunch. Little does she know that's not what Chat thinks at all.

"Just keep following me. Consider this a patrol, just to be safe ," Ladybug says. Chat can tell Ladybug is hiding something, but decides to just trust her. Even if it's nothing and. And if there is something, they'll fight it together like they always do.

***********************

"I...did not expect to end up here." Ladybug says slowly. "That's an understatement," says Chat. "Why would we need to be at the Eiffel Tower?"

Ladybug looks to her partner and smiles. "I guess we'll have to find out." She grabs Chat's hand throws her yo-yo so the end ties to the top of the tower. "Hold on okay?" Ladybug warns. In a couple seconds, the two heroes are on top of the Eiffel Tower.

"So what are we doing up here?" Chat asks.

They both jump when they hear footsteps. "Good question Chat Noir," a voice says behind them. Ladybug and Chat Noir turn around to see who they're up against.

"Mayura! What are you doing here?" Ladybug says angrily. The villain just smiles, and opens her fan. If looks could kill, then Mayura would be dead from the look Ladybug gave her.

"Tricking the two of you was much easier than expected," Mayura says with a laugh. "Now you'll have no choice to but hand over your miraculous."

Chat smirks at Ladybug. "I guess you'll have to take the two of us then, 'cause you're not getting anything," he says. Mayura frowns, but doesn't loose her composure. "Such a shame, you three seemed do close."

This leaves them confused. "What do you mean?" Ladybug asks.

"Here is my offer," Mayura says. "You can keep your Miraculous...or Alice."