Guilty《Part 25》

•Alice•

It's not real. None of this is real. Just run this through, and wake up.

Instead of being on the wet sidewalk like I usually am, I'm in a dark corridor. Walking forward, I try to act like nothing is wrong, but the silence is enough to keep me on edge. The impressive but creepy perfection of the walls just adds to it.

And then there's the voice again. I can never tell who or what's talking, or where it's coming from. Right now it sounds like a jumbled whisper. A jumbled whisper that I can't find. The soft white glow of the moon makes me look down, and I notice a small circle of moonlight under me. The only light in this dark place.

I let my feet take me where they want. They decide to keep moving forward, despite the fact that I know this is a dream and I have no idea where I'm going.

I let my hand brush against the wall as I walk, and eventually I get to a point where my little circle of light shows a piece of paper on the floor. I pick it up, but it disintegrates and falls as a pile of black dust on the floor. Not before I catch a picture of a butterfly. A purple one.

"You're trying to find out, right?"

I whip around so fast my neck hurts, only to find the corridor same as before. As far as I know, no one's here.

"How are you supposed to find out other people's secrets when you can't even control your own?"

"...Ever since I got my necklace, I've been hearing this voice. Who--or what--are you?"

"It's annoying, Alice," the voice says. Even though it's quiet, it sounds agitated. "You keep acting like you don't know me, when we're practically the same person."

My whole body stiffens at that, and my heart beats faster.

"Sometimes I find it funny though." The temperature suddenly drops and a cold breeze starts to loudly travel through the hall. "You think you have control? Please..."

The corridor gets even colder, and my necklace begins to glow even brighter. Suddenly, the black mist starts to sneak out, and wraps itself around me like a chain. It's suffocating. As my powers turn against me, it takes everything inside me not to cry out in pain. I try to stop it, but it's like I've lost total control.

"Don't you get it? You did this to yourself...why are you scared of something you caused?"

I can barely breathe now.