Fight or Flight《Part 33》

"There you are!"

Ladybug detransforms as she lands back in the alleyway and Adrien immediately greets her with a hug. "Um, I did it?" Marinette sighs. Adrien laughs as Marinette takes something out of her pocket.
"Here." She hands him the ring.

Adrien quickly takes it back and slides it onto his finger. The familiar feeling of silver against his skin makes him more relaxed than he's been in days. Marinette and Adrien watch excitedly as a blur of black flies out of the ring.
"Plagg!" they both say at the same time.

The kwami yawns and looks back and forth between the two. When his eyes set upon his owner, he goes ballistic. "How could you just lose your miraculous like that?! I had more faith in you Adrien," he complains. "Now look at me, all withered and starved. My powers aren't supposed to be used to solve that stupid girl's problems!"

Before Adrien can respond, a high pitched squeal cuts him off. "Plagg! You're back!" Tikki flies out of Marinette's purse and wraps her arms around Plagg.

"Sugarcube, I can't breathe!"

"I don't care. I missed you so much," Tikki squeals, hugging him even tighter. She lets go and narrows her eyes at him. "Don't ever get yourself captured again! I thought you were smarter than that!"

Marinette smiles at the moment. Adrien rubs the back of his neck bashfully. "Well, I'm really sorry. I should've been more careful. Do you... want some cheese?"

Plagg crosses his small arms, ignoring the thought of his favorite food. However, he barely lasts a few seconds before he dives right for the pocket of Adrien's jacket. Tikki turns back to Marinette and takes a bite out of the cookie she's holding.

"By the way," Plagg says between bites, "Are you gonna tell me what exactly happened to Lila? That girl's been getting on my nerves lately."

Marinette frowns slightly. "Alice was with her. I'm not sure where either of them are now."

"Do you really think it was a good idea to leave them alone?" Adrien mentions.

"Not really to be honest. But we have more important things to worry about. I'm sure Alice can take care of herself." Marinette leans against the wall and slides down, her back running against the rough material. "Can we just sit here for a second?"

Adrien gives her a small smile and sits down just a few millimeters away. "So, what's next? It was easier with just Hawkmoth, but now we have Mayura involved."

Marinette ponders this. "Maybe we should split up then."

"Won't that make things dangerous for both of us? What if Hawkmoth has changed his plan since Hero's Day?"

"That's true. We don't know where either of them are now."

Tikki sits on Marinette's shoulder. "You two have already beaten all of Hawkmoth's akumas," she starts. "So it would just be a waste of energy if he tried that again."

"That hasn't stopped him before," Plagg blurts out, lazily resting in Adrien's palm. 

Marinette stands up, her bluebell eyes sparkling more than usual. "That hasn't stopped us before either. Let's go."

Plagg, Adrien, and Tikki all glance at each other. "Um, where are we going exactly?" they ask at the same time.

Marinette smiles as she pulls Adrien off the ground. "We're taking a trip to the guardian of the miraculous."

Adrien raises an eyebrow. "You know where he lives?"

Marinette nods and gestures for him to follow her. "The only reason we have more heroes is because of him. Now let's go."