Identity Reveal 《Part 31》

Ladybug doesn't waste a second, and quickly throws the end of her yo-yo somewhere far away. She lightly pulls on the end she's holding, and lets the string drag her through the air. She throws it again and again, getting closer to her destination each time.

Paris is in my hands. Again. Gosh, I wish Hawkmoth took another break.

She heads into a nearby alleyway, and seconds later she's on the roof of another nearby building, running with her yo-yo in hand. Ladybug starts thinking as she runs. A small fragment of a plan forms itself in her head, but before she can piece it together and set it in motion, there's something she needs to do. As she makes her way towards the Agreste mansion, a nervous feeling eats away at her. 

What if something really bad happened to him? What if he's not even at home?! What will I do then?...

Ladybug grits her teeth at the words, and pushes them to the back of her mind. Thinking about the worst won't help her. 

When she gets to the mansion, she narrows her eyes. It looks the exact same, like nothing suspicious has happened at all.

Adrien hasn't been seen in public for a week. I hate how normal this place looks.

Balancong herself on the gate and the marble pillars, Ladybug heads to the side of the mansion, where Adrien's room lies at the top floor. She looks up, and a slight frown comes to her face. She'd been here before, exactly like this. Coming in without Adrien's permission, simply to leave a stupid present. The memory makes her cringe. Alice was right to slap some sense into her.

A window is open, which makes this part of the plan much easier. She aims her yo-yo again, and jumps. Wrong move on her part. Adrien, who was standing by another window, quickly steps to the side as the girl trips falls onto the floor. He blinks twice, holding back a snicker. Ladybug groans and stands up, dusting herself off. "Sorry about that," she mutters. 

"No no no, it's okay," Adrien says hurriedly, now feeling bad for laughing. "What are you doing here? And why'd you go through the window?" 

Ladybug twirls a hand of her hair. "I'm gonna be straightforward. I came because....I know your secret. You know, about being Chat Noir..."

Adrien's heart instantly picks up speed, threatening to jump out of his chest. "How did you--" 

"Alice told me. She didn't want to, but we can't waste any time. Something bad happened."

The blonde can feel heat rising to his face and he can't help but avoid looking her in the eye. He knew that somehow, someday, they'd reveal their identities. But he never thought it would be a situation like this. It's slightly more embarrassing than he thought it was going to be. 

"Since she told me," Ladybug starts," I don't really think there's a point of keeping this a secret." A circle of red light travels down her body as her red and black suit disappears along with it.

"Marinette?" 

She avoids Adrien's gaze, but that doesn't change the fact that her face is practically a tomato. All this time he imagined to finally figure out who was under the mask, but he never expected her to be so close to me this whole time. "Yeah, it's me," Marinette says nervously. "Are you disappointed?" 

Adrien raises an eyebrow. "Why would I be disappointed?" 

"Because, I'm probably not who you expected. I mean, I'm such an awkward dork around you. You probably never guessed that I could be someone like Ladybug. I guess what I'm trying to say is--" 

"Woah woah woah." Adrien puts a hand up to stop her from talking. "Where's all this insecurity coming from? I'm not disappointed at all. To be honest, I'm kinda annoyed I didn't see it sooner."

Adrien puts his hands on her shoulders, and her face goes red again. "In fact, I can't think of a better Ladybug. So please stop downgrading yourself. You're amazing. As Marinette, and as Ladybug." He takes his hands off her shoulders. Marinette's eyes go wide for a second, and she gives her friend a small smile. 

"Thanks," she says, a little more confident. 

"Now can you please tell me what's going on?" 

Marinette nods and takes a large breath. "Lila has your miraculous and Hawkmoth is probably close by and Alice is losing control over her powers again and Paris is in danger because of Hawkmoth and we have to get your miraculous back so you can help me!" Marinette finishes and starts gasping for air. 

It takes a second for it all to sink in, but when it does, Adrien surprises himself by not immediately panicking. "How in the world did Lila--" He stops mid sentence, and a feeling of dread makes its way to his stomach. 

Nathalie...the necklace...his father...Lila...

"Nathalie is Mayura," he blurts out.

He quickly brings his hand to his mouth, but it's too late to take back the words. Sighing, he looks at Marinette, who has her jaw dropped to the floor. 

"She--you--how the--" She shakes her head and gives Adrien a sad look, it seems like she's more disappointed than he was when he found out the truth. "Um, I just remembered something else Alice and I were thinking about," she says suddenly. "But I don't think right now is a good time to tell you." 

"Marinette!" A high pitched voice calls. Tikki, the ladybug kwami, flies out from Marinette's purse and lands on her shoulder. "I'm glad you're settling things, but you should hurry! We still have to stop Lila!"

"Oh my gosh, you're right! Tikki, spots on!" In a flash of red light, Marinette is replaced by Ladybug and her kwami is out of sight. "We need to go. Now." Before Adrien can protest, Ladybug pulls him close to her and throws one end of her yo-yo out the window. "Hold on," she says with a smile. She slightly pulls at the string, and both of them are suddenly flying through the air.

For some reason, Adrien is much less used to this, even though he's been dragged like this countless times before as Chat Noir. The sudden thought of his miraculous makes him frown. He can't bring himself to think about his poor kwami dealing with someone like Lila. The thought of Lila just hurts even more. Deep down, he knew she was a bad person. But he thought that with a little kindness, she might turn over a new leaf. 

"It looks like not everyone can change for the better," he thinks. 

"True, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try. I should've learned that from you," Ladybug says as they carefully land in an alleyway. Adrien realizes that he said his last thought out loud. Ladybug puts away her yo-yo and sighs.

"Is something wrong?" Adrien asks. 

Ladybug hesitates, then shakes her head. "Nothing, sorry. You stay here."

"Do you even have a plan?!"

"Yes and no," Ladybug says with a shrug. "I mean, I have one. The real question is whether it will work. But don't worry. I'm getting your miraculous, I promise." 

-----------------
A/n: At this point, I just REALLY want to finish this story. I still watch miraculous, but I have no idea how to end this fic. Actually, that's a bit wrong. I know how to end it, I just don't know how to write it if that makes sense??? 

There's only 4 parts left, so I'm going to do my best and get to the end! I've gotten much better at writing while working on this, so I'm very excited to keep working on my other drafts(My drafts include a rewrite of this fic, three other MLB fics, and two MHA fics)!

That's all for now. Have a good day!