Can I Go Now?《Part 5》

Alice POV
I'd rather be doing homework in detention than standing next to this person. And that's really saying something.

I'm standing on the roof of some random building, Chat next to me in awkward silence. Good. As long as he doesn't open his mouth, I won't have to do anything. "Listen, if Ladybug said we should go then--"

"Then we'll keep in waiting!" I interrupt angrily. I'm so done with this whole situation. I turn to him so fast it almost hurts. Almost.

"If you agree to not not say a damn word, we'll go. If you wanna complain, you can do so when I'm not here." I say through gritted teeth.

He looks hurt for a second, but the look only stays there for a few moments. "What's with you? Why are you acting like this?" he asks quietly in an annoyed voice, but audible enough for me to hear.

His response surprises me. I don't want to say anything, but the words come tumbling out of my mouth in a pile of rage, right before I have the chance to grab them and stuff them down.

"What's with me? What's with me? I'll tell you what's with me! It's the fact that I'm being dragged into this situation that I don't want to be a part of!

And not only that, but I'm forced to talk to the only person I hate who isn't my sister! There! Does that answer your stupid question Adrien?! Geez, even saying your name is enough to piss me off these days! Not to mention--"

I would've continued yelling if he hadn't grabbed both my wrists. Chat's gaze is cold now, his bright green eyes staring into mine. It send shivers down my spine.

"Let go." I try to say calmly, but my voice is shaking.

He doesn't let go. In fact, his grip tightens, but not so hard that it hurts me too bad. "Alice, how do you know?" he asks.

"You little--" I don't don't finish my sentence, because he tightens his grip again. Crap, it's gonna hurt soon. I take a breath. Insulting won't do me any good right now.

I'm still seething, but with a little more restraint. I look right back into his eyes.

"It's just...obvious for me I guess. I-i never told anyone if that's what you were wondering."

We stand in silence for a few seconds. I don't think my answer satisfies Chat, but he lets go of me anyways. He steps back.

"So you're like this...cause you hate me?" he says, a hint of sadness in the back of his voice. The way he says this annoys me even more.

"You were my best friend," I reply bitterly, "Of course I hate you. You thought that after years, I would just magically forget what you did?"

I turn away so my back is to him. I don't want to look at him anymore."Please. Let's just...get this over with. I don't want to involve myself with you ever again."

He frowns but doesn't say anything. Suddenly, he sighs and says in a cold voice,"Well, if you insist. We should get going then." I'm about to reply when I suddenly feel his arms around my waist as he picks me up. "What the--"

"You said you wanted to get this over with, right?" Chat says, looking down at me in his arms. I can tell, the way he says it is trying to cover up how he's feeling, but the way he holds me is almost comforting. It would be if I didn't hate him so much.

5 minutes later

Okay, okay. I can fix this. Maybe. "Uh, you alright?" he asks. I shake my head at Chat. "This was caused by my powers, but I've never had to, you know, actually use them for something like this."

There's still no one around, and everything just looks...dark. not like a night time dark, just dark. It's a scene I hope I don't have to see

I have more important things to focus on right now. "Like getting myself out of this." I mutter to myself.

I give Chat a glare that says move and you're dead, and luckily he takes the hint. What do I do? I'm supposed to fix this, but I'm always scared when that smoke shows up. That's silly, isn't it?

........

Chat notices my look to surprise, but still does not say anything. I turn back to the park in front of me.

"I haven't been able to control this, but that's okay." I say, not being successful at convincing myself. "I'll just try it, and hopefully something will happen."

"And if nothing happens?" Chat asks matter of factly.

I shoot him a glare to remind him that he's supposed to keep his mouth shut. "Then, this is my fault." I close my eyes, and concentrate on the scene around me. It's dark. It's an unnatural dark, and somehow it happened because of me. Even though I have no idea how to control whatever this is, I won't do nothing.

My mind flashes through what it looked like before. Before the clouds showed up, before there was such a sense of hopelessness around here. I can feel the smoke from earlier emiting from my hands, but this time I don't panic or hide it. I focus on it. There's more smoke now, I can feel it.

Suddenly, the wind starts blowing. Hard. Like, "it feels like I'm about to be knocked over" hard. I feel myself fall backwards, landing in Chat's arms. Right now I'm too shocked to resist. Caught up in the moment I close my eyes again and Chat pulls me closer to him. The wind is howling at this point. I want to look, but I don't want to at the same time.
.....
And as soon as it starts, it ends. Hesitantly, I look up, and the sinking feeling in my gut disappears. It looks...normal.

I push away from Chat and we both stand up, looking at the scene. Everything is the same as it was before, except the fact that it's now raining.

A flash of light that I don't notice before makes me look at my necklace. It's glowing white, but slowly, it stops and returns to its silver grey color. I look at Chat, and he instantly turns away. "Look at me."

He hesitates, but he does. I walk towards him, and stare right into his eyes, trying to read him. This is the same boy who was my best friend...? Kind of hard to believe. I sigh and step back. As much as I enjoy the rain, I don't want to stick around here any longer.

"You can tell Ladybug what happened. I have somewhere to be." I lie.

I take my leave, making sure I bump Chat's shoulder as hard as I can when I walk past. I don't care if he's a superhero. To me, deep down he's still the same boy from two years ago.

Or is he...