Long Overdue《Part 22》

Adrien•

Boring. Boring. Even more boring. Why is everything on TV so boring?

I groan and toss the remote aside.

"You think that's boring?" Plagg says with a laugh. "Well, it sounds like it's about to get a lot less boring."

Before I can ask what he means, the door to my room opens and my kwami flies between the couch cushions.

"Adrien, it's time for your Chinese lesson. You didn't forget did you?" Nathalie says, sounding even more bored than I'm feeling. "You remember Wang Fu, correct? He'll be your substitute teacher once again. I'll let you get to the lesson." Nathalie leaves, once again never forgetting to close the door on the way.

"I didn't do anything. Nothing at all," Plagg says once Nathalie's gone. 

The old man smiles. "If we ignore the sneaking out, then yes, I suppose you did do nothing," he says.

I glare at Plagg and he laughs nervously.

"No matter. I think I have found a temproray solution for a certain someone's powers," Master Fu says.

"Awww back to work already? All this talk about dangerous powers is gonna make me hungry, " Plagg says in an annoyed tone.

"While Alice's powers are dangerous, they can still be controlled," the guardian says. "However, it will be much harder to do now that we know the necklace is cracked. It is crucial that she learns."

"She can't just do this on her own though. None of us can be left on a cliffhanger right now."

Master Fu sighs, and points at my ring. "It seems that she can be quite used to leaving when she wants. This can cause unwanted suspicion."

I avoid telling him that it already has and that there is now a Lila situation. Lila wouldn't go as far as to tell anyone, right?

"Plagg, I have decided," Master Fu continues. "With the help of Adrien Agreste, you are going to teach her."

"What?!" Plagg and I yell. He can't be serious? For the guardian of the miraculous I thought he would know this is most ridiculous idea. The old man chuckles at the reaction.

"Let me explain. You and Ladybug are equals, balanced. Yin and yang as they say. Without proper control, Alice and her powers are not only a disturbance to that balance, but also a distraction from gaining it back."

Plagg and I give each other looks that say "what do we have to do with this?" Master Fu continues before either of us can ask a question.

"The black cat and the moon are more related than you think. Bad luck, darkness, destruction, shadows. Those are all deemed as something to be feared," he says. "They can also cause harm to people and the surroundings when used in the wrong way. However, in the right way and with the right person, they can help us all. Especially in the fight against Hawkmoth."

I turn to Plagg who just seems annoyed. But then again he's always like that. "So, what exactly am I supposed to be teaching this girl?" he says with a yawn. "I mean I probably won't do it, but I'm just wondering."

Plagg and Alice would get along better than I thought. They'd have fun yelling at each other's sarcasm.

"Before I go, I will share everything you need to know about the miraculous and it's powers," the guardian insists. "For now however, we still have a Chinese lesson to finish."
*****