Some Time Off《Part 21》

Marinette•

Overthinking. It's what I've been doing since the last time I saw Chat Noir and Alice. It's what I've been doing since I sent that folder. If I had to describe what my past week has been, it would be overthinking.

A few days after I was finally feeling better, it obviously made me curious when Alice seemed like she didn't want to talk. But of course not everything is my business.

On the other hand, I didn't have to worry that much about Chat Noir. We were just happy to see each other, especially knowing that a lucky charm isn't necessary to get rid of an akuma. All this was starting to get a bit overwhelming, so when Alya asked me to hang out, I agreed.

"It's good to wind down a bit you know? Let go of the things stressing you out," she says as she helps me fond the baking pan.

She's right I guess. Baking is sort of relaxing in a way. Not to mention it gives me something to do. I open the drawer and hand my best friend the cupcake liners. Just as I'm about to grab the bowl of batter, I hear a voice in the front call my name.

"Marinette, this fancy piece of paper has your name on it!" my dad says, placing an envelope on the counter.

To my surprise, it does have my name on it. As Mom and Dad talk about another large order for an event, I open the envelope to find one of those embroidered type cards. I skim through it and my jaw drops as I read the paragraph written.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Marinette Dupain-Cheng, we are pleased to announce that your work has been accepted. Please attend the opening of the Agreste Gallery for Art and Fashion this Saturday at 6 p.m, for your designs will be displayed and many would like to meet the artist behind them.

-This invitation is an RSVP-
////////////////////////////////////////////////

"You go girl! I told you you'd do a great job! All those weeks of panicking was for nothing," Alya says looking over my shoulder.

"Alya, I---" I don't know what to say or do. Should I be happy? Excited? A nervous wreck? Lately I had been taking my designing more seriously, and I had sent the folder a few weeks ago.

"It says I can bring someone," I tell her as I finish reading the full card. "Do you want to go with me Alya?"

My best friend sighs. "I would love to, but I promised to look after some little monsters that day. Let's just say leaving them alone is not a good idea whatsoever," Alya says.

Alya giggles as I pout, trying to make me feel better about this. "Not  to worry though. I pinky promise that you'll do great," she says with a wink. "Plus, a certain someone will be there, so you'll definitely enjoy yourself."

A certain someone? Who is she---

"Ack! Alya! I completely forgot who owns the place! What if Adrien's there?!"

"Girl I was teasing." Alya playfully ruffles my hair. "That blondie isn't your main priority. Remember, eyes on that one way ticket to impressing a bunch of people with your super amazing art skills."

Okay, she's right. I'm overthinking again. "C'mon, let's get these cupcakes in the oven ready. I'll let you have the extra frosting."

****
I plop down onto my bed and pull my phone out from under one of the pillows.