I Hate Them《Part 2》

Class is finally over, once again having me wish science wasn't a thing. I take my phone out of my backpack. I still have 15 minutes till my next class. I reach for my backpack again, but instantly drop it as I feel someone crash into me.

I look down, and sigh in annoyance. On the ground in front of me is a blue eyed girl, who doesn't seem any older than 17. There's a piece of paper next to her, and her dark blue hair is tied back into pigtails by two red hair ties. And right now, her face looks even redder.

"I--um-- I'm really really sorry about that!" she says in a rush as she quickly stands up.

I just roll my eyes."It's fine, it was just an accident. You don't need to freak out so much about it." I say. She looks relieved, until I look down, and notice my phone on the ground. I pick it up, and frown at the girl.

"You do have to freak out about this though." I mutter, holding my now cracked phone to her face.

Her eyes go wide and she goes even redder from the embarrassment. "Oh my gosh oh my gosh I am so sorry about that!" she says nervously.

I smirk at her reaction and put my slightly broken phone back in the backpack I dropped. I turn back to the girl and that's when a memory hits me like a bus. "I've seen you before." I say slowly.

She gives me a confused look, but just smiles. "My name's Marinette. Sorry about your phone. I'll totally--" I put my hand up to stop her from talking. "Did you say Marinette?" I ask. She nods in return. I nod slowly, then frown.

"You're in Lila's class, aren't you?" I ask.

She gives me a surprised look. "Yeah I am. Do you know her?" she asks.

Through clenched teeth, I say, "We've had our history. That's all."

Marinette's gaze turns away from me, but she doesn't push it further. I introduce myself. "Alice."

Marinette gives me a nervous smile. "It's...great to meet you! So Alice, how do you know Lila?" she asks. Are you friends?"

It takes all of my willpower to not burst out laughing, so all I do is respond blankly, "Not really, I've just known her for a while. That's all."

Marinette raises an eyebrow, and her face turns a shade of red. "Can I tell you something?" she says.

I shrug. "You just told me something though. Unless you meant to tell me something else."

"R-right." she stammers. "Listen I know this might be a lot to take in, but Lila is actually a really bad person."

"I know. She's a liar, that's the main reason I know her for." I reply quietly.

Suddenly Marinette grins a mile wide and she looks like she could explode. "Finally! Someone else who sees what she's up to! Even after she tried to take Adrien, she--"

"Wait wait wait. Wait a minute." I interrupt. "What do you mean tried to take Adrien?"

Marinette fails to hide her embarrassment. "Actually, I mean Adrien Agreste. I...um...kind of like him. B-but Lila likes him too, expect the fact that she's lying for him! Wait, maybe I'm just over thinking about him...."

"What's there to like about him?" I mutter to myself as she continues to ramble. Suddenly the blunette is interrupted again as someone calls her name from down the hall.

"Oh! I need to go now. It was nice meeting you though!" she says hurriedly. "Lets talk soon okay?" And with that she practically sprints down the hall, almost tripping over her own feet in the process.
.....
There are a million thoughts stuffed in my head, and right now I'm too angry to take the time and get them put together. "Why would anyone like him?" I think. To calm myself down, I think back to the times we spent together.

But that's not a good idea, because my mind drifts to the last day we were together. Almost two years ago. It was the last day we were friends.

"Idiot." I whisper. "Why'd you have to do that? Why would Lila..." I clench my fists again as I say her name. "Why would Lila fall for someone like you?" I think.

She can have him I guess. They're both idiots who don't care about people, so perfect! Match made in heaven(or not) for all I care!

"That day...it was the last day I stopped liking you. You're an idiot Adrien. You don't how much I liked you." As I tell myself this, I try to ignore the sinking feeling in my gut, telling me I'm lying.

I'm not lying. I hate him. I hate her. I hate them both. I repeat those three lines in my head as an attempt to ignore the fact that I'm lying to myself.

"Hey, what's up with you?"

I turn around to see the owner of the voice. My eyes go wide and my blood turns to ice. I stare for a moment longer, than snap back into reality. "And why the heck would you care?" I snap.