F̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ o̶r̶ Fight 《Part 33.5》

It's so quiet...

No. There's whispers. Wait....

Ladybug slowly opens her eyes and closes them again. She sees darkness both times.

Something's wrong.

Her head's still a bit foggy, but she manages to put the pieces together the best she can:

Ladybug jumped out of the way before one of the monster's claws hit her.

Dammit. Now we have to get two miraculous.

Before she could strike again the monster engulfed itself around her and the others, stabbing them like thorns, taking advantage of their emotions. It was suffocating. It felt like their souls were being pulled away. The heroes all huddled together, eyes shut. The wind howled around them, but they knew it was just the monster surrounding them.

And then everything was black.

Ladybug blinks twice, remembering what happened. Whether it's been seconds or minutes, she can't tell. Her eyelids feel heavy and every muscle hurts.

"Everyone has something they fear. Something they dread," Hawkmoth's voice echoes around her. "Even you pathetic heroes. Thanks to my sentimonster, your fears will be the most pain you've ever felt!"

Chat groans as he wakes up and pain takes over his entire body. It's like every cell inside him is on fire, but he can't do anything about it. He digs his nails into his palms in an effort to ignore how much it hurts.

"C-Chat Noir, that hurts..."
Chat instantly moves his hand when he realizes he was actually putting his nails into Ladybug's arm.

"I'm sorry."

Ladybug doesn't say anything. Not just because it hurts to talk. She thinks she should be the one to apologize.
"I'm supposed to be in charge. Now it just...hurts."
The words sink in as the pain gets worse. She instantly takes them back.
"I'm not in charge. I was sure used to acting like it though. Right now, it doesn't matter whether I'm the leader or not. I'm a superhero, and Hawkmoth--er, Shadowmoth--is the villain."

A shudder goes up her spine when she heard the echo of Shadowmoth's voice.
"Get up!" she yells in her head.
Just as she feels a hand brush against her ear, she sits abruptly and sends a blind kick. "Back off!" she screams, much louder than she intends.

Maybe she just imagined that feeling, but the sudden scare makes her wake up more. Her body still hurts, a lot. But that doesn't matter. She crawls towards Chat Noir, who still hasn't moved. She gently nudges him, receiving quiet muttering in response. She nudges him again but doesn't get anything.

"Kitty?...Adrien? Can you wake up? I kinda need you right now."

"Yeah. I know."

Ladybug feels her face get warm as Chat Noir opens his eyes. He giggles when he sees the look on her face. "Sorry for being out of it for so long," he says. "We haven't lost yet, right?"

"You idiot," Ladybug laughs, putting her forehead against his. "We're not losing, got that?" Chat smiles at her reassurance. She feels his hand reach for her face, caressing her cheek. His other hand wraps around her hand.

"I'm not losing you," Chat says, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Stop being dramatic. We're not dying anytime soon."