Not a People Person《Part 1》

Lila Rossi. A horrible, petty, heartless person. In my opinon at least. Unfortunately for me, this monster also happens to be my big sister. One year older than me to be exact. 

"I forgot to remind you that you're also an annoying liar."

Lila's scowl instantly becomes a smile. "That's not a nice way to talk you your sister, is it?" she says in a sickeningly sweet tone.

I try not to yell at her as I put my arms through my jacket sleeves. The sun shines through my window, making me want to close the curtains and go right back to sleep. This girl chose the wrong time of day to annoy me.

"I couldn't care less about you're little friendship problems," I continue. "In fact, you probably have some of the stupidest classmates I've ever seen."

"Why are you so worked up about this? It's not a big deal, as long they believe what I say," she says lightly, leaning against the doorway to my room. "Besides, if you want me to stop, you shouldn't waste your time complaining so much. Now hurry up,  we have to go."

And with that she walks out of my room, slamming my door shut on the way out.

Sighing, I turn back to the mirror. "She'll never change," I mutter, grabbing the hair brush. My auburn hair, which reaches my mid-back, always ends up leaving part of my bangs right in front of my face. No words can describe how much it annoys me. But compared to my sister, my hair is not a problem at all. I shouldn't be surprised, Lila does worse all the time and always gets away with it. That pathetic attention-seeking liar.

I can feel tears forming in the corners of my hazel colored eyes, which results in black smoke starting to emit from my hands. C'mon! I am NOT going to cry over something SHE did. She's not even worth my energy. I quickly blink back the tears, taking deep breaths to calm myself down before something happens. Slowly, I put my hand to the moon necklace I'm wearing. This is the only thing Lila ever gave me.

So why do I keep something from someone who only cares about herself? I don't know. Maybe, part of me hopes that one day she won't be the way she is now. Unfortunately, that sliver hope is always destroyed the next few days.

I remember the day Lila gave it to me. My eyes widened as she handed it to me, but she insisted that it was a present from her. I actually avoided wearing it for a while, just out of suspicion. Not sure why I was that paranoid. But I found it in my drawer months later, and decided "whatever, I'll wear the stupid thing." But it isn't stupid. Not even close.

I don't know what's more ridiculous: the fact that Lila gave me a necklace that's apparently a source of powers, or that she had no idea what it was before she gave it to me. Surprisingly, both of these things are true.

But then again, I have don't have an exact idea of what I'm dealing with either. I can't control this, not yet anyway. However, I don't see much of a problem with that. It just means being more careful.

Just then, I'm hit with the sudden realization that I was supposed to leave for school five minutes ago. Of course. Lila probably left without me again. I grab my phone from my nightstand and reach for my backpack that's sitting behind the door, making no effort to hurry up.

I'm already late, doesn't matter how late I am. I'd still get the same lecture. With those words in mind I stuff my phone in my backpack and head out the door, to a place no better than home. In some cases, it's even worse.

***
Once we get to school, we go our separate ways like usual. I can hear Lila's excited chatter as I walk away, and I can't help but grit my teeth at her tone.

Maybe I wouldn't go as far as saying I hate her, but she gets on my nerves. School is a close second though. It's probably the worst thing to happen to me after Lila trying to crush my soul under her shoes. What's there to like? Annoying teachers, annoying assignments, annoying students.

However, there's one person specifically that I dislike, maybe even more than my sister. And as I walk towards class, I see him, blonde hair and all. I quickly turn away so that he doesn't notice me staring. I'm not sure why I was in the first place. What happened happened, so there's no reason to be thinking about him at all.