chapter 26

you're sitting by tommy in the mcdonalds, "wil, why did you choose a mcdonalds?" niki asks and he shrugs, "grease?" he laughs to himself. tommy is scrolling through twitter, giggling at a few tweets, while you're going through tik toks, your fyp has been consumed by minecraft youtubers in the past few days.

a video of tommy comes up while you're scrolling, he looks young and he's panning from camera to camera, mouthing 'that's what i like' by bruno mars. you look over at him and he's staring at you, a disappointed look on his face. "really y/n?" he asks and you laugh, "tommy, please, what is this video?"

he lets out a long sigh and gives a dramatic frown, "y/n, i hate that video." you like the video and scroll, another minecraft video comes on, tommy staring down at your phone. watching them with you, until another video of him pops up, this time he is really close to the camera, "hello tiktok, im at college, surrounded by women." he says into the mic, his breathing heavy.

he grabs your phone out of your hand, quickly shutting it off. you reach over to grab it but his long arms pull it further away, you let out a whine, just wanting to be able to have your phone back. "children, please." wilbur says, making you look over at him and sigh a sigh of defeat.

"i fucking hate you tommy." you mutter and he looks over at you, a smile on his face, "mhm i bet you do." he replies and you sink lower into the chair, not expecting to get your phone back anytime soon from the giant sitting next to you in the chair.

he's still scrolling through twitter, giggling at more tweets from his friends while you're sitting there in awkward silence, patiently waiting for the food or your phone. a tall girl with brown curls flowing down her back walks up to the table, wearing something that you would find if you searched up "1998 fashion" on pinterest. she looked exactly like those girls. skinny, tall, pretty, basically what everyone wants in a female. needless to say, you were a little bit jealous. "h- hi tommy, can i get a picture?" she asks, falling over her own words. her voice is small, quaint, something you normally wouldn't think is an attractive voice until you listened to it for hours on end.

"yeah, of course." he says, smiling at her, getting out of the chair and taking a selfie, he seems to be only a few inches taller than her. "thank you." she softly says, beaming a bright smile at everyone at the table. "oh and y/n, keep it up, i'm inspired by you." she says, looking at you sitting in the chair.

you smile wide at her, genuinely affected by her words, "thank you." you say, looking at her face, her dark green eyes, a perfect nose anybody on any social media would say is pure plastic, and straight teeth, probably from years of braces, because nobody is that perfect... right?

"can i get a picture with you too?" she asks and you nod, she leans down by your chair, taking a few quick selfies on snapchat and saving them, looking good in every single one, where you know you probably look caught off guard in a few of them.

she quickly leaves the table, turning a few heads in the process of walking away. the food shortly arrives and you peer over at what tommy got, seeing a burger and you smile, an idea popping into your head. "tommy what is that?" you ask and he stares at you, a questioning look on his face.

"what do you mean?" he asks and you look down at his food, smiling, "what did you get?" you ask again and he looks clueless. "a hamburger?" he asks in a question, and you giggle at his response, his accent making your heart hurt, you realize that you and him don't talk the same, you are not from the same place, not even relatively close, making a relationship almost impossible.

but you quickly shake off the feeling and continue your plan, "no, no, no, say it after me. hamburger." making sure that the american accent comes through strong in the last word, not letting your scottish stumble into your statement like it seems to do sometimes.

"ham... borger?" he says and you burst out into a fit of giggles, everyone else staring at you because they were into their own conversations, and a disappointed tommy staring at you as well. "i fucking knew it was coming." he says, making you laugh harder. "tommy it was funny, don't lie." you say between choked sobs. "how'd you even know about that?" he asks and you respond, "i saw a tik tok of quackity doing it."

"FUCK BIG Q!" he yells and the mcdonalds falls silent, a few people looking over at our table making you hide your face into your hands, you cheeks on fire from embarrassment. soon conversation starts again and you unhide your face, tommy giggling to himself.

"i hate you so much tommy, give me back my phone." you say, slightly pouting. "fine, but no more videos of me, please." he sighs out and you smile at him while he softly puts your phone into your hand.

you check your notifications and see a few tags on twitter from a girl named molly, trying to avoid it because twitter has been a bitch to you the past day, but you can resist. you tap the notification and see it was the girl that came over just 5 minutes ago.

@honkmolly: the gang is cooler irl. and yes, y/n is prettier if you actually meet her... (after these were taken, tommy screamed 'fuck big q', i think someone needs to tell this child to calm himself, give him a few carrots)

'image'

you slightly blush at the tweet while your inner monologe is screaming "GAY PANIC! I REPEAT!! GAY PANIC!". you quickly like the tweet and retweet it, looking at the picture she chose, one where you didn't look startled.

everyone finishes their food, standing up and walking out of the restaurant, you follow and smile at molly who is sitting with her family, she quickly returns the smile, a light blush spreads across her cheeks, yours looking the exact same.

karl gently grabs your wrist and pulls you over to the side of the restaurant, everyone keeps walking to wilburs car, and you look up at him, confused as to what is happening. "karl- what?..." you ask, staring into his grey eyes, him looking back into yours.

"i wanted to talk to you..." he softly says, making it clear that he's not a threat and that he doesn't want to hurt you. you raise your eyebrows towards him, silently telling him to talk. "i'm sorry about the other night, i knew we shouldn't have been sleeping in the same bed, i fucked up on my part." he whispers, trying to stay calm.

you smile up at him, not worrying about it too much, it was a normal occurrence for you to cuddle with someone that reminds you of your brother. "karl, don't worry about it, it actually made me feel really happy, it reminded me of when life wasn't so goddamn stressful." you say back, looking at him.

he softly smiles, but you could tell he still felt guilty, almost as if there's another thing he needed to tell you, but you weren't going to push it onto him, if he wasn't comfortable with telling you, then he shouldn't have to.

"here come on." you say, softly grabbing his hand and leading him to wilburs car, opening the back door and everyone squeezing in, niki still sitting on your lap and wilbur driving back to the air bnb.

a/n

guys i'm back, hello.

i missed writing, but to say i was unmotivated is an understatement. 

BUT HOLY HONK YOU GUYS

27k reads and NUMBER 20 OUT OF THE FAN FICTION HASHTAG. WHAT?!?!

also, thank you for all the sweet comments on the (now deleted) last chapter, you guys helped pull me out of this gloom. you all have helped so much, thank you for all sticking by me...

OH AS WELL

the google doc winner has been messaged so check your message boxes :)))

i also got twitter... i'm following back everyone bc i luv u guys

https://twitter.com/AMAZ1NGSARAH

i love you <3

xx