chapter 41

!SUPER IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER! PLEASE READ A/N

"what the fuck do you mean it's closed?!" tommy yells at wilbur, an angry look on his face. you've been sitting in the car for about 5 minutes parked in front of the laser tag gym, tommy has been cussing out wilbur for most of it.

"tommy i can't help the fact that its closed, why are you screaming at me?" he calmly asks, trying to not upset tommy more. "i just wanted to play laser tag, i've wanted to play it since we've gotten here," he whines out like a toddler making you slightly giggle in the backseat.

tommy sits beside you and slightly nudges you, silently telling you to stop laughing at his distress, but you know he wasn't being serious. "we can go somewhere else." you whisper to him, and he looks at you with a line through his mouth.

"you're such a party pooper," he whispers, and you playfully roll your eyes at his words, not wanting to have to deal with his childishness. you're no squished next to niki this time, karl deciding to ride with clay in the car parked behind wilbur's, dream standing outside of the car, little rain droplets hitting his sweatshirt.

clay lightly taps on your window, you look over at him and he presses his face against the window, making you laugh at the way his face has been contorted into a mess of a human. you press the window button that has been placed next to the door handle.

you roll down the window, clays face moving along with it, he quickly pulls away, a large smile is spread across his face. you feel a few raindrops hit the windbreaker, tommy's windbreaker. "why would you roll it down?" he wheezes, making you laugh at him.

"dunno, maybe i wanted to see what happens." you reply, laughing at his laugh, the way it sounds like air is being forced out of his lungs. "do you know what we are doing?" he asks and you shake your head, wishing someone would make up their mind.

you look at him, staring at his face, the way his eyes give you deja vu, the good kind, a feeling of deja vu where you want to get out of the car and hug clay until the rain in your head stops, the constant voices finally turn off.

you are so tempted to do so, but you stop yourself, not wanting to cause a scene or upset clay with unwanted touch, he walks over to wilbur's window, tapping on it and wilbur rolls down his window. the two windows create airflow through the car, making a breeze wash through the car, your body shivering.

tommy realizes your shivering body and softly wraps his arm around you, pulling you around him. you instantly feel the warmth from his chest, pressing against your face and you softly smile, wishing to be able to be in this position forever.

clay looks over at tommy and you, just a quick glance, and he smiles, knowing how happy you truly are. tommy's fingers are softly wrapped around yours, his thumb lightly brushing the back of your hand, sending butterflies afloat inside of your stomach.

normally that feeling would make you sick, reminding you of your father, but it's becoming more enjoyable since you've met tommy. you don't pay attention to the conversation happening around you, instead, you pay attention to the feeling of tommy's heartbeat against your ear, the rhythmic thumping making you tired but you fight off the feeling of sleep, wanting to experience this feeling for as long as you can.

he smells good like he always does, wanting to get whatever cologne he wears and take it home and spray it all over your pillows so it will always smell like him. he holds you close, your body not shivering anymore but he wasn't planning on letting you go any time soon.

wilbur rolls up his window, clay walking over to his car and getting in, pulling in front of wilbur and driving off, wilbur following him. you stay resting on tommy's chest, his phone resting on his lap, scrolling through twitter and laughing at someone the tweets on his timeline.