chapter 35

you wake up, your whole body gasping at the sight before you. you staring up the stars, looking around you, seeing someone sitting next to you, looking up as well.

"lyra, his music was better than any mortal mans." the man speaks and your stomach drops, you quickly look around at the area realizing you aren't sprawled out on the airbnb front lawn. instead you were laying in the back of someone's backyard.

you aren't sure where you are, and you truthfully didn't want to know. you stare at your father standing beside you. he looks older, more worn down, his hair seems to be shaggier and his beard is overgrown.

his eyes have crinkles next to them, and his lips seem to be dry. he looks older than he is, "dad?" you ask, your voice timid and he just smiles at you, making you feel sick.

"y/n i missed you so much, it's been so long, how many years? 10?" he asks and the way he speaks makes you nauseous. his voice has always been the same, always so soft spoken, he's so quiet.

even in his fits of rage, he wouldn't dare raise his voice. you remember hearing him yell at mom when you were 5 years old, not ever being used to that level of volume from him, that was the night he left, you are able to recall walking into the kitchen and seeing mom sobbing on the floor, her body soon being littered with bruises.

you look back up at the sky, not wanting to think too hard about the man next to you, but still aware he is there. you are able to point out any of the constellations floating around the universe.

"little dipper, don't you remember looking up at the night sky, and talking about the art formed by the stars." your eyes shoot open at the name, completely forgetting about it until he mentioned it.

your eyes tightly screw shut, wanting to go cry back in your house in texas. "here come on, let's go inside." he whispers, reaching down and grabbing your arm, pulling you up, his grasp is firm, it hurts, hurts more than it normally would.

he leads you into the very worn down house that you didn't realize was there until it just seemed to pop up. he pulls you through the screen door, the wood slamming behind you after you walk in.

you try to brush his grasp off of you, but it wasn't moving. the stench hits you first, it smells sweaty and dirty, like this place hasn't been cleaned in years. you look around, seeing needles littered all over the place, making you stop in your tracks.

he keeps moving along, pulling you along, moving towards the back of the small house, seeming to pull you towards a bedroom, a place you know you didn't want to go to. memories flashback in your head, memories you don't want to remember.

he opens the bedroom door, the smell making you want to throw up even more, it smells mustier, more dirty. you look at the bed, stains littered all over it. your eyes train to the bedside table, little baggies and needles make a mess on the surface.

he softly lays down on the bed, trying to pull you to him but you won't let it happen. "you always were a fighter huh?".

with those words your eyes fly open, sweat runs down your whole body. your eyes are watering and your stomach is churning with every passing moment, your breathing is in short, ragged breaths.

you check the area around you, making sure you are in the airbnb, not your fathers sickening trailer house. you see karl sitting on the chair, scrolling through his phone, he looks over at you and the slight amusement on his face drops to worry.

"are you okay y/n?" he asks and you softly nod your head, getting up from the couch that seems to be drenched in sweat. you feel a tear slowly slide down your face, the panic in your stomach making you want to cry more, feel the tears fall freely.

but you can't cry. you just can't do it.

you walk into the half bathroom by the kitchen, knowing you wont be able to emotionally handle that, seeing the spot where you were shoved against a wall against your will to a guy you thought you could trust.

clearly he wasn't trustworthy.

you splash water on your face, the coldness seeming to calm down the fire that is on your cheeks and making the tears start to flow.

you haven't seen your dad for years, why did he just decide to showup in your dream... like nothing even happened. you look in the mirror, staring at yourself. your cheeks are still red, and there are hot tears streaming down your cheeks, they are mixing with the cold water, making it feeling like it burns.

you hear a soft knock on the door, one that felt welcoming in the claustrophobia of this bathroom. "come in." you softly say, wiping the few stray tears that decide to fall out. tommy walks in, softly shutting the door behind him.

"karl came and got me, are you okay?" he asks, his eyes filled with sentiment. you're surprised with the way he's acting. it's been about 6 hours since the trampoline park incident and you still feel bad.

the way those words fell so effortlessly out of your mouth was embarrassing, "you're not mad at me?" you ask and he shakes his head, "i fucked up, we aren't dating." he replies and you softly nod your head, looking up at him.

"were you crying?" he asks and you nod your head again, looking into his eyes, knowing yours are bloodshot from the tears that fell out. he softly places a hand onto your arm. you realize his placement and it's the exact same as where your dad was pulling you by.

you hear a knock on the bathroom door and you quickly reply "yeah?", you hear wilburs voice on the other side, "y/n, someone is here for you." those words made your whole stomach drop to your knees.

fuck.

a/n

fuck nightmares.

ayo cliffhanger haha ;)

i love you <3

xx