chapter 43

you wake up, smiling softly at the boy next to you. his hands are wrapped tightly around your body, making sure to hold on to you as long as he could.

you breathe in the smell of his cologne from last night, the scent not as strong as it normally would be, but the smell still intoxicates you, wishing you could remember this smell forever.

"tommy" you say through a smile, and he pulls you closer to him. "y/n" he says in a sing-songy voice, one that you're not used to hearing.

"you smell good." you whisper out and he softly laughs, you feel his chest gently move against your face.

you're looking up at him while he's looking down at you, his eyes bluer in the morning than they are at night. something you've started to notice being around him more.

"i smell good?" he asks, taking a deep breath in and his face jokingly wrenching up. you laugh at his face, and he laughs along.

your heart beats more sporadically at the sound of his laugh, it makes your stomach rise with butterflies and your brain feel numb to anything on the outside world that could hurt you.

he keeps you close to him, but still far enough away to look at you. "you're so pretty" he whispers under his breath, mostly to himself and you blush at his words.

"tommy shut up." you whisper back, burying your head in his chest, "you are." he replies.

his hand finds your palm, gently wrapping his fingers around yours, creating a lock. you look down at how much larger his hand is than yours, "your hands are big." you smile, looking back up at him.

he unwraps his hand from yours, holding his hand up to compare sizes. you hold yours up to his and see his fingers go over yours by a inch or two.

he smiles at the action, "your hands are small." his words make your cheeks go even more red, knowing they're a crimson shade, but you don't mind.

he smiles at you, pulling you back into him. "tommy we have to get up." you say and he pouts, knowing he wants to stay like this forever, and so did you.

"i don't wanna." he says, staring at you. you look up at him, peering into his bright blue eyes, ones you could look into for days, easily getting lost into them and losing any concept of time.

"well we have to." you reply, trying to get out of his grasp again but knowing you're not going anywhere as long as his arms are wrapped around your waist.

"we can't get up if you're stuck." he adds, putting emphasis on the 'we', you try and wriggle out of his tight hold around your body but his arms just tighten around you more.

"tommy you're such an asshole" i whisper and he laughs to himself, a small "victory" laugh telling himself that he's succeeded with his goal. "so are you going back to sleep?" he questions and you stare up at him, rolling your eyes and then closing them.

"fine, one more hour." you say, feeling his hold on you loosen just a bit, enough for both of you to be comfortable. you feel yourself drift off again into the void that is sleep and your brain turns into subconscious mush.

*

"get up!" wilbur yells, standing at the end of the bed, your eyes fly open with his loud booming voice and tommy jolts awake, cursing at the 6'5 man that's now pacing around the room.

"wh- what time is it?" you ask, feeling the absence of your watch on your wrist and knowing you set it down in the bathroom.

you look over at tommy, he's staring at wilbur slightly pissed off and wondering what's that about. "it's 5pm, why were you guys still asleep?" he questions and you look over at tommy, a stern look playing on your face.