chapter 23

you look over at tommy on the bed, he looks worried. "tommy what's wrong?" you ask him and he frowns looking back. "you're asking me what's wrong? you just had a panic attack, and you're worrying about me? you're too kind for this world, i swear." he says, a slight hostile tone laced throughout his voice, clearly not intentional, he's just stressed.

    "i'm sorry." you lightly breath out, still staring at him, he's also looking at you, his eyes remind you of the calm in the middle of the storm, they can make you switch your feelings like a lightswitch. you look down at your hands, his fingers laced between yours, his thumb gently rubbing the back of your hand. putting you at some much needed ease.

    "don't be sorry, you did nothing wrong." he replies, and you hear a knock at the door. wilbur slowly opening it and peering inside. "allens' here." he says softly, like he always talks, so gentle and warm. tommys' grip on your hand tightens and he huffs out a sigh, seeming like he's ready to fight the 6 '7 guy downstairs.

    you stand up as well,but tommy pushes on your shoulders gently, making you sit back down on the bed. "you're not coming.", your eyebrows knit together, "i can handle it. i promise." you say and he shakes his head.

"no, you can't. and even if you can, i don't want him to see you." he responds, leaning down and kissing your cheek, both of them soon turn into flames. that was the first time tommy kissed you, just a simple peck on the cheek, but it affected you drastically.

    he walks out and shuts the door, and you're frozen in place, butterflies flying everywhere in your stomach, a smile so wide on your face. you grab your phone and facetime emma, seeing how red your cheeks are in the ringing screen.

    she picks up and smiles wide, "WHY ARE YOU SO RED." she yells and you giggle. its surprising you and emma are friends, she's a loud person, while you're quiet, you don't raise your voice if you have to, but to be fair, emma is a great person and you wouldn't trade her out for anybody in the whole world.

    "emma, i cuddled with a boy..." you smile into the phone. "WHAT?" she yells and you giggle, "yeah, karl jacobs, from mr. beast you know?" you say and she giggles. "and also tommy, hate to say it, but i think i'm in love with him..." you blush even more.

    "please more details, i want to hear about someone your age so i'm not cringing." she fakes out a gag and you laugh at her, "tommy and i are kind of a thing, that's why my cheeks were so red, because he kissed my cheek." you feel the butterflies come back on, and your cheeks seem to ignite again.

    "i'm so happy for you, i've waited for this time my whole life, literally. i'm tired of being the hoe between us." she says, grinning into her phone camera, you see a call appear on your phone and you quickly tell emma that you have to go, "bye. it was nice talking to you, ill see you in 11 days!" she yells and you hang up.

    the mutton chops appear on screen and you laugh at them, his eyes unfocused behind the camera like 2 nights ago. "i'm coming to the air bnb, i bought a plane ticket." he says, and your mouth flies open, "don't lie schlatt." you respond, propping your phone up on the dresser and getting your shower bag ready.

"i'm serious." he holds up a plane ticket and you gasp, jumping around excitedly. "i saw you got canceled on twitter so i thought i would come cancel you in real life." you roll your eyes at him, "not funny schlatt." you say and he laughs, "whatever, i'll be there tomorrow." and he hangs up, not even saying goodbye.

you roll your eyes at schlatts' annoying facetime call, grabbing your shower bag and going out of your room. you hear some shouting downstairs that you couldn't hear before and you feel bad, 'allen really doesn't deserve all this' you think. you open the bathroom door and set your bag down on the table by the clawfoot tub.

you take your shower like you normally would, instantly feeling more clean because of all the sweat from the hike only an hour ago or so. you step out of the shower, grabbing a big fluffy towel and wrapping it around your body.

you dry your hair with the blow dryer and do some basic makeup, looking like you do everyday. you put on the clothing you brought in, a long sleeve turtleneck, a cardigan and a pair of mom jeans. you smile at yourself in the mirror, thinking you look nice. you feel happy for the first time today.

that is until the door opened.

a/n

guys i love cliffhangers so much, i don't think you understand.

how have you guys been? :)

i love you <3

xx