chapter 32

you wake up curled in tommy chest, sitting on the couch. you were cold from the rain, but somehow you felt warm. tommy was warm. you don't know how long you were asleep for in his arms in the field of daisies.

it was nice, just being held. you didn't hear your fathers voice any more last night. tommy calmed you, made everything better, even if you were sobbing. you quickly check your watch, 5:25 in the morning. tommy was asleep, his arms wrapped tightly around you, holding your body close.

you were both sopping wet from being out in the mist for so long, you assume tommy carried you home, and that made your stomach warm and butterflies clutter the small area. he cares for you so much for you and it makes you happy.

you softly untangle yourself, not wanting to wake up the clearly tired boy. he was exhausted and it was obvious. you stare at him, his eyes slightly shut, his eyelashes softly resting against his cheekbones. he looks so peaceful.

you grab a blanket from the basket in the corner of the room, covering him up. walking through the hallway and towards the stairs, going into the bathroom and stripping off your clothes and running the water, pulling the metal plug and making sure the water is hot.

you soak in the bathtub, the water soothing your body, making you warm and happy. you could fall asleep in the tub, but you control yourself, stopping your mind from falling into the abyss that you have become so loving towards.

you lie in the bath for about an hour until you can't fathom how cold the water is getting and are craving the warmth and comfort of your bed. you slowly get out of the bath, your muscles feel stiff, probably from the chilly rain.

"y/n, i miss you." you hear the whisper in your ear, your heart starts beating rapidly, wishing your fathers voice could get out of your damn head. your stomach is churning and your eyes cloud over. pure nausea rushes through your whole body.

you wrap a towel around you, hoping to calm yourself down just a bit, trying to not focus on the words that seem to be repeating constantly through your mind. your stomach feels like it's turning all over your body. it doesn't feel like the butterflies you get from tommy, instead a mass of beetles flying around, hitting your stomach and making you feel light headed.

you don't ever remember these voices being here. 'why did they just start last night?' you ask yourself, breathing deeply, hoping to get the lightheaded feeling out of your system. a slow knock appears on the door and it makes you jump, your heart rate increasing.

"hey, it's just me." tommy says behind the door, softly rattling the handle which you locked. "yeah just give me a minute" you respond, grabbing the robe hanging behind the door and wrapping it around your body and tying it, unlocking the door and opening it.

he looks down at you, his eyes widening when he realizes you're just in a robe. his eyes shoot back up, looking you into your eyes, "are you okay?" he asks, and your eyebrows furrow in confusion, not understanding that he knew something was wrong.

"how'd you know something was up?" you question and he shrugs, "i was just checking on you to make sure you didn't drown yourself.". you giggle with his reply and stare into his eyes. his hand slowly finds its way to your palm, a gentle and affectionate grasp surrounds your hand.

his free hand softly lingers onto your cheek, soft and small strokes along your cheekbone pull you into his hand, making you smile and your cheeks go to fire. you're close to him, looking up at him. he's so warm, his hand makes your face feel like ice, even when your cheeks are on fire.

"i don't think i'll ever think someone is prettier than you." he whispers, making you fall into his touch even more than you were. "go get changed." he says, softly pulling his hands off you and you frown at the absence of his touch, but you listen to him because you can't really wear a robe all day... not the most proper thing.