chapter 28

the rest of that day was spent talking to everyone in the house, light conversation was everywhere, except in the living room where an unstreamed game of jackbox turned extremely inappropriate and rude in a matter of 30 minutes.

quick glaces from tommy were shot every. single. damn. second. looks that could make you condense into a blob on the floor and never come back to reality.

*

"WAKE UP!" karl screeches running into your room, you groan out, not wanting to get up right now. it seems like the crack of dawn, but it's just the light blocking curtains covering the windows. you quickly flip your wrist up, glancing at the time on your watch. 2:02. fuck.

"why didn't someone wake me up sooner?" you ask karl and he shrugs, not really going to give you a legitimate answer even if he decided to respond. you hear a loud boom of laughs downstairs and your eyes widen in pure joy.

you recognize that laugh from anywhere, you quickly get out of bed. pushing past karl and running down the stairs, almost tripping on your sweatpants and risking tumbling down the stairs, a great first impression...

you speed walk into the living room, seeing schlatt sitting on the couch and everyone else sitting in a respective seat, you stare at him, your body frozen. "y/n!" he yells, standing up smiling, walking over and pulling you into a quick hug.

you feel like you've known him forever, you quickly wrap your arms around him, reciprocating his actions. he's tall, taller than you expected, you thought he was going to be around tommys' height, but he was much taller.

you stare up at him, a large smile spread across your face, you could feel your cheeks being pushed up from the grin. "you're smaller than you seem." he says, a playful grin on his face and you stare up at him, his height easily being a foot over yours.

"shut up, i'm plenty tall." you reply, walking over to where he was sitting on the couch and quickly taking his spot. "get a load of this girl." he mutters, walking over to the arm of the couch and plopping down, his body looking awkward on the narrow sofa.

karl starts talking to schlatt again, you try to pay attention to the conversation. but you simply cannot seem to do it. eyes feel like flames are being burned into your skull, painfully melting it away if you don't make eye contact. your eyes slowly scan across the room, looking for where this pressuring glare is coming from.

your eyes fall onto a pair of intimidatingly familiar blue ones, a small smirk rested upon his face. your cheeks turn a crimson shade that you simply wouldn't need a mirror to realize because of the heat all over your face.

you summon the courage to stare back, instead of peering down to the floor like you normally would. feeling like a curse was put over you, your whole body is frozen in place, staring at the boy sitting in the chair across from you. if someone was to call your name right now, you wouldn't be able to move, or even understand what was said after your name.

but luckily that wouldn't be happening anytime soon because conversation flows around the homey living room, people telling stories of what has happened so far on the trip, schlatt threatening allen with a gun... and what seems to be that favored topic of communication... tommy and you, but you don't pay attention to it, instead you're focused on something much more intriguing.

those beautiful blue eyes.

at this point, you're terrified to turn away, terrified to even think of not looking at him. you feel someone softly bump your arm, making your turn away, metally cursing yourself for doing exactly what you said you were scared to do.

"y/n?" niki asks and you smile at her, the blush has calmed down to a soft glow being spread across your cheeks, not a crimson hell. "niki." you reply in the same sing-songy voice she always seems to have. "schlatt wants to do something, any ideas?" she asks and you shake your head, knowing that all your ideas are fit for a 16 year old girl, not a bunch of grown men.

you still feel him staring at you, mentally wanting the feeling to stop, but you know it's not going to stop, making you crave it more, the awareness is sickening, but you love it. you turn your head, making contact with the oceans again and he puts that same smirk on his face again.

it's taking all of you not to get up from the couch and stand in front of him, waiting for him to get up as well and pull you close and hold you tight. the thought makes your stomach explode with butterflies, a thing you've become accustomed to whilst being around tommy. everything he does affects you. every single thing.

"intense staring contest but they're both in love?" karl asks, giggling at you and tommy's stare down. his comment made tommy burst into a fit of laughter, softly falling back into the chair, you not realizing you both were pulling closer to each other until you felt your bottom slowly slip on the couch and you quickly push yourself backwards so your back is on the couch again.

you're still looking at him, seeing the way his eyes crinkle when he laughs, the way his mouth is open wide, letting out some sort of screech that you love so much, something you'll never let out of your head because it's something that truly makes you happy.

"guys, i know what we're going to do today." wilbur says, sitting by schlatt, "shut the fuck up phineas and ferb." schlatt responds, making tommy laugh harder, you now joined in with him because his giggles make your own little laughs bubble up and out of your mouth.

"what are we doing wil?" niki asks and wilbur smiles at her, replying to her question. "there's this really cool arcade down the road, i think we should go to it and it would be fun." he says, slightly stumbling over his words. "off we go." karl says, standing up from the chair he was lounging in and everyone soon follows. 

a/n

hiya guys : )

i'd like to make this clear again since i've deleted the chapter that talked about social anxiety and how some of the comments affect me on this book. y/n has social anxiety, even if you have it in real life or not, please don't comment things such as "why is she so sensitive?", things like that make me and others feel invalid, like we don't deserve to be able to talk about a mental illness that effects 4% of the whole world, that's 970 million people dealing with anxiety everyday.

 please, before you comment something you may not think is hurtful, think how it may affect someone dealing with a mental illness. 

also, anxiety affects everyone differently, i'm opening up about how it effects me with my writing. it feels really personal when i write about it, even if it may not feel personal to you. 

that's it :)

thank you for reading. 39k reads is insane.

i love you <3

xx