chapter 13

you walk into the kitchen, niki peering into the fridge, "what are you doing niki?" you ask her and she jumps, surprised you were there. "oh i wanted to bake something, but there's nothing in this house." she frowns at you.

"we could go beg wilbur to take us shopping." you say to her and she gets a big smile on her face. she runs into the living room, you quickly follow after her, "wilbur, can you please take y/n and i shopping." she begs him and he basically melts at her words.

he pauses the game of mario kart with tubbo and hands the controller to karl, quickly pressing play. you follow him to the kitchen, where he grabs his keys and wallet, walking back to the living room and out the front door.

he quickly unlocks his car, you get in the back while niki gets in the front. he starts driving to a local store and you get your phone out of your back pocket, it's a lot easier now that you're not sat on top of karl. the boy texted you back.

him: hi, i thought you were really pretty, my name's allen, what about you?

you smile down at your phone, realizing he called you pretty, you quickly reply back.

you: i'm y/n.

he quickly reads it and texts you.

allen: pretty name, perfect to suit your face ;) where are you from? you didn't sound british.

you: i'm from america, i'm here visiting some friends.

allen: i recognized some of your friends, tommy innit and wilbur soot?

you: yeah, they're pretty cool people :)

you feel the car park and you look out, seeing a small little shop right outside the window, "make it quick please, take this, don't spend too much." wilbur hands niki his card and she shakes her head.

"wil i can pay." he looks at you, and then back at niki, "you're not going to pay.". he gives the card back to niki and she rolls her eyes, stepping out of the car as you do the same. you follow her into the shop and she goes over to the bakery isle and you keep up with her pace.

"what do you even want to bake?" she asks and you look at the shelves, thinking of something good. "we could make some cookies." you respond and she smiles, grabbing a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips.

she grabs her phone and pulls open a recipe for the cookies, grabbing a bunch of stuff from the shelves and putting it in her arms, you grab a few things from her grasp. she grabs a small bag of flour, "that's everything, do you think we need anything else." she asks.

you look down at the stuff in your arms, "i don't think we need anything else." you reply and she starts walking to the checkout, you follow her, setting the items down on the conveyor belt, the items moving towards a girl around nikis age who scans the items and places them in a paper sack.

"you're total is £27.50." she says blandly, like she hates her job, niki takes the card from her small wallet and swipes it across the card reader. a receipt prints out and the girl puts it in one of the 2 bags.

you grab one of the sacks while niki grabs the other, quietly thanking the girl. you both walk out of the store, going to wilburs car and getting in. he smiles at niki and then at you, "what did you guys get?" he asks.

niki quickly responds. "we're making cookies." he laughs at her, "don't burn them like last time, you really messed those up, how about you leave y/n to all the oven stuff.". she frowns at him, "wil, that was an accident, i got too busy with my animal crossing and you said you would help and you just let them burn." she pouts.

you laugh at their little fight, you pull your phone out of your back pocket, seeing allen texted you.

allen: i forgot to ask, how old are you?

you: i'm 16

he opens it and the 3 little dots appear

allen: cool cool, i'm 17, the cafe you were in is my parents, they let me work there :)

you grin at your phone, niki noticing, "what are you so smiley about y/n?" she asks and you look at her, than back to allens text, "the boy in the cafe, he gave me his number." she smiles at you, than looks at wilbur.

"oh y/n pulled a guy whos not a twitch streamer." he teases and you groan, "wilbur can you please shut the fuck up." you say, your head thrown back on the headrest of the back seat. your phone buzzes in your hand again and you quickly look down at it.

allen: i was wondering if maybe you wanted to hangout sometime, when do you go back?

you quickly type a reply back, niki and wilbur looking at you the whole time.

you: sure, we could probably hang at the airbnb im staying at, i don't think they would mind.

you look up from your phone, seeing them still looking at you, "what?" you asks and wilbur laughs at you, "you haven't stopped smiling since you've gotten in the car." he says and niki agrees. "what are you guys talking about?" she asks.

"uh, i was wondering if maybe he could come over sometime to the airbnb and hangout." you ask wilbur and he looks at you through the rearview mirror, "sure, just no... crafting tables." you gasp at him and he giggles. "i would never." you immediately say.

your phone buzzes again and you quickly open allens text.

allen: i could after i get off work, that's around 6, i hope you don't mind.

you: yeah totally, wilbur said you could come, i'll probably make him pick you up.

"wilbur you're picking allen up at 6." you say and he nods.

a/n

hello guys :)

i'm here to update for the 5th(?) day in a row, i'm pretty proud of myself for it.

i hope you like this chapter, don't forget to vote xx

i love you <3