Chapter 8

Sophie had found a bench in a dark hallway that to sit on and cry, she barley ever let herself cry, but now she couldn't help it. Stupid pregnant lady hormones she thought to herself. Making sure not to transmit it for the world to hear. She felt someone sit next to her "I can't talk Fitz, I'm sorry I-" but when she looked up it wasn't Fitz it was her 7 foot tall guard Sandor "Oh... I thought you were Fitz."

"I know, but it's me, you can relax." He stared ahead like he was a hawk watching for it's prey. "I know you think this is hard, having your friends find out, especially Fitz, but it's only going to get harder."

"Wow, thanks for the encouragment, Sandor. Very helpful." She grumbled sarcastically.

"I had to warn you. You need someone to be real with you, someone to keep you focused on reality and not Miss. Foster dream land." He finally looked down at her "That's me. I'm going to have to be that person Miss. Foster. I know your friends are just trying to help you and tell you everythings going to be okay, but both you and I know it's not going to be that easy."

"I know Sandor. Do you think I meant to get pregnant? No! I was drugged by some drunk guys and so was Keefe. At least it was Keefe, if it was one of the other guys who knows what they could've done to me!" Sophie sobbed, so angry at Sandor. He thought this was Sophie's fault? This wasn't her fault! It was those hässliche Kackbeutel of guys that only wanted Sophie because of her looks!

"Miss. Foster, I didn't mean it that way and you know it." He put his hand on his sword before he continued "When you tell your parents, you know they'll be dissappointed to the utmost. You'll have to earn their trust back. You know how hard that's going to be. I know it's your biggest fear you have to overcome."

"I'll tell them evetually. It's not much harder then Fitz finding out." Sophie muttered, running through the possibilities of would happen when she told her parents, or the Council or the Black Swan.

"Or how about when the Neverseen find out that you are with child, you will have a even bigger target on your back. The Neverseen will go to even greater lengths then they once did to get to your baby." He sighed and rubbed his temples, Sophie was guessing he had a headache. "I know you think the Neverseen have been super dormant, but maybe they have been doing little things preparing for a even bigger battle, they probably have been recruiting elves or other species."

"What are you suggesting Sandor? That I give up my baby so that it can have a safe life?" She looked to Sandor with tears on her cheeks after the revelation.

"That is an option Miss. Foster, you have many other options as well. You don't have to make it now, but I suggest you start to think about them a bit harder. I will always respect your descision, no matter what." He said sincerly, or as sincerly as he could with his high squeaky voice.

"Even if you don't agree with it?" She raised an eyebrow.

He sighed "Yes, even if I disagree with you."

Sophie hugged him from the side and whispered "Thank you."

Sandor embraced her the best he could and put his arm over her shoulder gently squeezing her "Anytime, Miss. Foster."