Chapter 17

"Scheiße." Sophie whispered quietly to herself, as the crash resonated throughout Keefe's house. She looked down at her boots and praised herself for finally wearing her concealer boots, which had pockets for throwing stars. She crept as quietly as possible towards the stairs, she stayed close to the wall as she crept. Sophie peeked up the stairs and didn't see anyone. She decided that her only option was to go upstairs and meet the intruder there. She silently walked up the stairs only to hear another bang and people arguing in hushed voices. Sophie plucked an eyelash out of her right eye, and mentally cursed herself for doing so. She got to the top of the stairs and still heard the hushed whispers. She silently walked around the corner, to find a sight she thought she would never see. Sophie saw Ro hugging Keefe so tight that he couldn't breathe. All the terror that was built up in Sophie immediately washed away. She walked around the corner and asked while chuckling. "What's going on here?"

Ro immediately dropped Keefe and the both shrieked. "Sophie!" Ro said once she realized who was talking. "You scared the sparkles out of me!" Then out of nowhere Ro charged at Sophie, so she put her hands up defensively, but instead of attacking her Ro just pummelled her with a bear hug. Sophie realized that Ro, for once in her life, was hugging Sophie gently. "I missed you guys so much. And both of you know I don't say compliments often, so you should feel honoured." Sophie chuckled as Ro held her out to look her up and down, Sophie assumed that she was looking for an injury, considering that Sophie was always getting hurt. 

"I don't have any external injuries this time, Ro." Sophie said. "But, I did have foxfire collapse on me." She said with a sarcastic smile. Ro's eyes widened, as she whipped her head to look at Keefe. 

"YOU MADE A BUILDING COLLAPSE ON YOUR PREGNANT GIRLFRIEND?" She basically yelled.

Sophie was shocked, for 1 Ro was worried about her for once, 2 she knew Sophie was pregnant and 3 she called Keefe and Sophie a couple. 

Keefe raised in hands in defence and defensively answered. "No no, it wasn't me this time. Sandor told me that it was an Elf who caused it, but they aren't sure who. And it doesn't look like the Neverseen did it either."

"Well no duh. What's the point of having the name 'Neverseen' if you're caught in the act?" Ro answered in a dead-tone voice.

Sophie took the silence as an opportunity to ask "Wait, she knows?" Sophie pointed to Ro with her thumb. 

Instead of Keefe answering Ro answered for him. "Well of course I know, I can smell pregnancy all over you, it's as if you have a giant tattoo across your forehead that says 'I'm pregnant'. And because Keefe isn't balling his eyes out right now that you're pregnant with Fitz's kid, I've deduced that he's the baby daddy." Silence pursued Ro's statement. Keefe and Sophie just stared at her with confused faces. 

"Well, ok, so the news is out!" Keefe sarcastically stated. "Anyways, don't tell a soul ok? We really don't want too many people to know." He looked at Sophie sympathetically. "Her parents already didn't take it well. As far as not talking to Sophie." He subconsciously reached for the collar of his shirt, where Grady tackled him. 

Ro swivelled her head to face Sophie, who was still standing right where Ro left her. "Edaline, sweet, badass, loving mother, Edaline isn't talking to you?" Ro asked with a questionable face.

Sophie nodded. "I'm giving them some space right now. I also, really don't want the councillors to know. I feel like they'd confine me and keep me somewhere, so no one takes my baby." 

Ro nodded. "That does seem like something they would do. Don't worry I won't tell a soul. Does Sandor know?" Sophie and Keefe nodded at the same time. "SANDOR FOUND OUT BEFORE ME?" 

Sophie laughed at that. "Well, we kinda told him accidentally." Keefe explained how Sandor accidentally heard them and how Keefe almost got strangled by 2 overprotective male figures in Sophie's life, and how Keefe now had this house that they were both living in.

"Hmm, so you're dating, but your not at the same time?" Ro asked suspiciously.

"Uhmmm, I guess so?" Keefe looked at Sophie for reassurance, but she just shrugged. She had no idea what they were at the moment. 

"Anyways, how long are you staying for?" Sophie asked trying to change the subject as quick as possible. 

Ro smirked. "Now that I have received this information, I have to stay for your protection. For at least up to when you have the baby."

Keefe looked really surprised. "Wait? I thought you were just staying for like 3 weeks? Not, 6 months!"

"Aweeeee, does Hunkyhair want some time alone with Foster?" Ro said in a baby voice. 

"No." Keefe started to grumble, Ro started to laugh pretty hard and Sophie couldn't help herself chuckle. 

"So, are you going to be Keefe's bodyguard or something again?" Sophie asked.

"Naw, I guess you're going to have another bodyguard. No way am I letting a little punk hurt you or mini Keefe." Sophie's heart basically stopped beating for a second, and then she burst out laughing. "What?" Ro asked confused.

"You just called a Neverseen member a little punk." She started to wheeze because she couldn't stop laughing. Keefe couldn't help, but join in with laughing.

Ro just shrugged. "Ok, well I think I'm going to leave you 2 to it and go talk to Sandor about the building collapse." She side eyed the both of them as she left the room to talk to Sandor. 

Keefe and Sophie stopped laughing soon after. "I thought you said you weren't coming back until tomorrow?"

Keefe looked at her with a goofy smile. "You don't like me or something?" Sophie was about to defend herself when Keefe laughed and butted in. "Don't worry I was just joking." He walked towards her and hugged her out of the blue. He let go of her and looked out the window. "Ro came more willingly than I thought. It kind of looked like she wanted to leave as soon as possible." He scrunched his eyebrows in thought. "I'm going to have to talk to her about that." 

Sophie was about to ask about his visit, when they heard a knock at the door. They looked at each other in confusion. "Did you invite someone over?" Sophie asked confused.

"No, did you?" She shook her head. They both started to walk downstairs, and to the door. Keefe opened the door cautiously and a familiar face appeared. 

"Ah just the person I was looking for. Hello, Sophie haven't seen you for a while, we have some important topics to discuss." Sophie was shocked to see and hear Mr. Forkle at Keefe's front door. "May I come in?"