Chapter 13

This time, Sophie was drifting, trying to find a safe place. The darkness still clawed at her, but not as viciously, or as painful. She was sort of calm, or peaceful at the moment. She saw a soft cloud looking thing, it was calling to her, a soft calm feeling coaxing her to float to it, join it in some way or another. Of course as soon as she started to relax a sharp pain poked at her chest and painfully made the nice soft warmth go away. That's when her brain decided to attack her and make pain bloom everywhere. Spikes of pain sprung up everywhere and stab her at any chance they got. Sophie wanted t scream, but every time she tried, she either couldn't hear herself or maybe she wasn't even screaming. When the pain almost became intolerable, she felt a soft green breeze come through, it took calmed her, and a second later the pain left too. She decided to follow the warm green breeze, considering she had no other safe options. It brought her to a wall, or a squishy, jello like wall. The breeze suddenly disappeared through the wall, when Sophie didn't follow it went back through the wall to her. It wavered there for a second and went back through to whatever awaited it on the other side. It looked like it wanted Sophie to follow. So, that's exactly what she did. First, she put her hand through the wall to see if it would give way, and it did. Then, she hesitantly put her leg through and stepped down, she shoved through and was met with a picture, or maybe it was a memory, Sophie didn't know. It was all very disorienting in her brain. The picture was of a girl, with blonde hair, brown eyes and a family crest of a bird. Who was this girl? She seemed really familiar to Sophie. The girl was on a bed with a strange man hovering over her with bulbs of light. Right as she saw the man Sophie realized it was her, that was her and Elwin in the healing centre. Again when she realized that it was herself, she remembered that she was pregnant and that she had her little bean in her.

Her bean was in danger.

That's all Sophie could think of as she frantically looked in the nook of her mind for a way out. That's when the green breeze reappeared and started to float towards a dark corner, Sophie followed once again. Back into the pain she went, anything to get to her bean, or herself to make sure that her child was okay. She floated as fast as she could following the green breeze. The painful, searing claws clawed at her as the pain got worse and worse. That's when the worst most horrid pain Sophie had felt her entire time in her head came. It started to cover her whole, that's when her eyes burst open, and she was met with the sight of Livvy, Elwin, Keefe and her parents. When her eyes opened there was a collective sigh of relief. Edaline immediately gave Sophie a massive hug as gently as she could, so that she didn't hurt Sophie. Her ribs cringed with pain when Edaline squeezed her. She groaned and Edaline quickly let go and whispered:

"Oh, sorry."

"What happened?" She croaked out, and she painfully found out that speaking was not a pain free option. She realized that Grady was further away, his face full of rage. Her mom looked less angry and more worried. Keefe look as scared as a mouse being chased by Verdi. He quickly looked at Grady out of the corner of his eye and looked back to Sophie with a soft and wobbly smile.

"I knew you'd make it."

Elwin was the first to speak up and explain what happened. "Well, you were almost crushed by 500 tons of rocks and debris from the Silver tower partially collapsing. Where Sandor explained that he had to do compressions to restart your heart. Then, when you woke up, he rushed you here, where you decided to scare me half to death by passing out. When we laid you down, Bullhorn laid right next to you, and we discovered your heart once again had decided not to work." He let out a small sigh and wiped a tear that had spilled over his left eye. "We did compressions for 5 minutes before you decided to come back and open your eyes." He looked to Livvy for some help to explain what was wrong with Sophie.

"You had internal bleeding in your stomach. We were able to stop it, and you narrowly avoided getting your baby hurt." She said with soft eyes.

Sophie eyes bulged, and she let out a squeal when Livvy mentioned her baby. "Livvy!" Sophie looked to her parents.

"We already know Sophie." Edaline said quietly. "Elwin told us when we asked what he meant by a baby, as he was checking your stomach. I-" Before she could finish Grady interrupted.

"I don't even know how this is possible! You broke the 1 thing I asked you to promise me, Sophie! The one thing!" Grady walked towards her with a very hateful face. "We're disappointed, Sophie. I asked of you 1 single little thing. 1 thing, Sophie, 1 thing." Sophie was on the verge of tears. Grady had made Sophie promise not to do anything stupid with boy's. Aka hook up with them. "Explain yourself Sophie." Edaline and Grady stood there waiting for an explanation. Edalines face curious and Grady angry.

"I-I, You-I" Sophie couldn't get out a sentence much less an explanation, her chest hurt too much and she was too nervous and scared. Keefe jumped in.

"It's my fault." Sophie aggressively shook her head trying to stop Keefe. He knew how much Grady was not fond of him. Instead of listening to Sophie though, he continued on. He explained everything. The party, being drugged, finding out they were pregnant all the way to when she passed out while inflicting. Every second Grady's rage got bigger and bigger. Sophie didn't know how much more mad Grady could get. He swerved to Sophie once Keefe was done explaining.

"Is this true?" Sophie hesitantly nodded, in less than a second Grady turned from Sophie to Keefe and literally dived. Grady Ruewen dived at Keefe and tackled him. Keefe yelled as Grady took him by the top of his tunic and shook him. "YOU GOT MY DAUGHTER PREGNANT?" Edaline and Elwin jumped for Grady and dragged him away. Livvy just looked at Sophie sympathetically and mouthed "SORRY" When Grady tried to tackle Keefe again Edaline yelled.

"GRADY! THAT. IS. ENOUGH." Sophie was surprised that Edaline loud. Grady abruptly stopped in his tracks and slowly turned towards the fuming Edaline. "You are acting like a 5-year-old child. Yes. I am also disappointed, but look at me I am not acting like a child." She looked at Sophie. "I know it may have been an accident, but I am still very disappointed. Your father is too, but is having a difficult time expressing it in a nicer way. I think that, we just need some time to process this. Alone." She looked at Sophie in the eyes with tears in her own. "I don't think you should come home next week." Sophie was surprised and hurt, but she understood that her parents were disappointed in her. "Is she going to be okay?" Edaline asked Livvy.

"Yes, she'll be in discomfort for the next couple of days, but overall she'll live."

Edaline nodded, "And the baby?"

Livvy made a small smile. "It's going to be fine too, it wasn't hurt in the accident."

"Good." Edaline said softly. "I- I think we should go." She turned to Grady. "Let's go, Grady. I think Keefe understands how mad you are, he doesn't need any more guilt." Grady walked towards Edaline and grabbed her hand in his hand. They started towards the door.

Sophie croaked out, "We're Sorry."

Edaline stopped and turned her head towards Sophie "I know you are, Sophie. So are we." And at that they walked out the healing centre doors.