Chapter 26

Sophie and Keefe were still talking about their daughters name when Grady poked his head in.

"You guys up for visitors?" He asked with a smile and Sophie nodded. And that's when a like a crowd of people basically charged through into the room.

Biana and Linh screamed with joy when they saw Calla. Tam just smiled at her and waved, Fitz decided to do the same. Dex on the other hand was staring like a mad man, it looked like he was obsessed with her. The girls rushed to Sophie's side and ogled at Calla.

"What's her name?" Tam whispered.

"Will you do the honours?" Keefe asked Sophie and she smiled.

"Her name is Calla Jolie Foster-Sencen." She said just above a whisper, mostly due to the fact that she had chest compressions done and her lungs felt like they were being squeezed by a rope every time she breathed.

Everyone gasped when she announced Callas name. And then she heard chuckling, from both Fitz and Tam.

"You had to give Keefe credit huh?" Tam asked as Fitz started to wheeze.

"The funny thing is that Foster is before Sencen." Fitz laughed and then everyone else started to laugh as well including Sophie.

That's when they heard the tiniest little giggle, coming from Calla. Everyone's eyes widened at that as they all admired Callas tiny little giggle.

"OMG that is the cutest laugh I HAVE EVER HEARD!" Linh basically screamed and everyone chuckled again.

"Can I hold her?" Dex asked quietly, Sophie was hesitant at first, but then she realized the room was full of the only people in the lost cities she trusted fully. She handed over Calla to a star stuck Dex.

"Hey there little Cousin." He whispered, as she clutched on to his index finger. Everyone cooed at that.

After a couple minutes, Dex passed her on to Biana, then to Linh and so on. Until it got to Tam, who stared at her with wide eyes, and a small smile on his face. Sophie yawned as she realized how tired she was.

Her eyes felt super heavy, as she watched Tam talk to Calla. Callas eyes were wide and she was looking back and forth from person to person, taking in the world she was in.

Sophie's eyes began to close as she struggled to keep them open. She then felt someone stroking her hair.

It of course was Keefe.

"You should sleep." He whispered, "You've had a long day." He said just loud enough for her to hear.

"But Calla." Sophie yawned.

"Don't worry, I'll watch her. Elwin said you'll have to stay in the healing centre for at least 1 week. You'll have plenty of bonding time." He continued to stroke her hair.

Sophie nodded and looked back to the group as they all cooed over Calla. She seriously couldn't resist the pull of sleep anymore, so she reluctantly closed her eyes and fell asleep.

Keefe's POV

Keefe ushered everyone out and took back Calla. Tam reluctantly let go of her and gave her back. Biana asked when they could visit again, and he said tomorrow and that he wanted to give Sophie time to rest. They grumbled at first but then agreed with him. They all agreed that if they were going to visit tomorrow that they'd call before they came to make sure that it was a good time.

Keefe was finally alone with his baby. He sat down in the rocking chair that Edaline conjured over to the healing centre, or more of the private healing room, he slowing started to rock Calla, her holding on to Keefe's pinky.

"Hi, Calla." He whispered to her. Livvy informed them that Calla couldn't talk yet like most elvin babies because she was early, which never happened in the Lost cities.

She started to fuss, so Keefe rocked her more, laying her on his shoulder, rubbing her back.

"Shh, Calla, I know you want mommy. Shh, it's ok." He whispered trying not to disturb the sleeping Sophie.

Edaline had also conjured in a cot for Keefe, a crib and a changing table. She had asked many times if they needed her to stay to help, but Keefe shooed her out saying they'll be fine. They agreed that Edaline would stay with Sophie and Keefe for a week, back at Hallowmist after the stay at the healing centre.

Calla finally fell asleep and Keefe let out a tentative sigh of relief.

"If I had to keep that promise to you Sophie, I don't know what I'd do." Keefe confessed just above a whisper. "I couldn't do this alone." He closed his eyes. "I just wanted to let you know I would do anything for you, even if I didn't think I could take care of Calla, I'd still do it. I would do it for you." He now was looking at Sophie who looked peaceful sleeping. "Not that it's your fault or anything, but you've been stressing your mom out lately." Keefe now looked to Calla. "She deserves some rest." He carefully stood up and then as gently as possible set Calla down in her crib, thankfully she didn't wake up.

Keefe stretched out, yawned and then slouched to his cot. Apparently crying made you tired and Keefe had shed many tears.

Unfortunately.

He rolled Calla's crib over to Sophie's cot and then rolled his cot beside Calla's. He looked over to the 2 of them, his family.

He smiled, feeling accomplished and closed his eyes embracing the darkness of sleep.

A/N - Sorry for the uneventful chapter, I just felt like the characters needed a break from their adventures and excitement. Yk they needed some down time. Anywayysss, I realized there have never been drama in the comments 👀👀👀 If there ever is PLS tag me, I gonna grab me some popcorn and listen in on the tea🍵🍵🍵 (they need to make a better tea emoji smh)

Of topic comment, those of you who don't read on dark mode scare me💀💀
I swear those of you who read black on white are buff and muscular and can knock ppl out in 1 punch 🧍‍♀️🥊💪

Love you bestiessss thx for reading