Chapter 3

Sophie just stared at him for a second, but quickly walked in trying to act as normal as possible. Sophie didn't understand why all of the worst things that could happen were happening to her that day.

"Hey!" Sophie said back nervously.

"Woah," Keefe swished his arms in the air, "that was a big emotion drop. Not happy to see me, Foster?"

"Well, I guess your empathy skills are deceiving you because I am happy to see you." She tried to laugh, but got choked up. 

"Are you sure? Doesn't sound like it."

Sophie just nodded and kept on looking at the wall. She turned and of course Sandor wasn't there, the one time she needed him.

"Hey, about the night of the party," She stopped Keefe before he continued. Her eyes betraying her and welling up with tears, which she knew were visible. 

"Let's just forget about it okay?" She took a deep breath wishing her tears away "Pretend it never happened."

"I just wanted to-"

"No," Sophie stuck her hand out for him to stop "It's okay."

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Thankfully, the door dinged and it was her floor. 

She started to walk out, when Keefe grabbed her arm, "Sophie.", he used her first name, "What's wrong?" 

Sophie's tear's spilled over and they rolled down her cheeks. She pulled her arm away and wiped her tears away, as she speed walked down to her dorm, "I'm fine. Don't worry about it."

Thankfully, Keefe stayed where he was and didn't follow her. She got to her door, opened it and shut it behind her. She slid down and balled her eyes out.

She didn't know for how long, but it was a long time. She finally let herself let everything out, she was so mad, no sad, she didn't know what to feel. She hated herself for not paying attention to her drink that night. She hated that she had to wake up, she wished she had never even went. 

After what seemed like an hour, there was a knock at her door. "Sophie?" It was Keefe "Sophie, what did I do?" She heard him slide down the door like she had, "Please, tell me what I did."

"It's not your fault Keefe." She whispered, "It's fine, I just need a minute and I'll be fine." 

"I don't believe you, I know this is my fault I can feel it." He said quietly "Also, Sandor's really mad at me and is saying that I better fix you or else he'll call up Ro and tell her to beat me up."

Sophie chuckled at that, "Is it about what happened that night" And reality came crashing back down on her. Sophie stayed quiet. "It's about that night, isn't it?"

"Keefe." She sighed and looked at the ceiling, debating whether she should tell him or not. She had to, or did she. It was Keefe, he was the father and she needed to tell him. At least she thought she better get it over and done with, "I've been nauseous in the mornings for the past 2 weeks." She put her head between her knees,  she was getting light headed.

"Are you allergic to something?" Keefe asked obliviously.

Of course Keefe didn't understand "Keefe, I've been nauseous in the mornings and have been craving food." She paused "Since that night..." She heard him suck in a breath.

"Sophie are you-" he stopped short and whispered, "-pregnant?"

Sophie started to cry again and heard Keefe get up. He left, he left her... why was Sophie so mad. She should've expected that. It's a huge responsibility that was now solely on her.

"Sophie open the door." It had been silent so long she thought he had left. "Sophie, open the door." He said softly. She ever so slowly got up, turned the door handle, took a deep breath and opened the door.

The boy she had fallen for, with his blonde hair and piercing ice blue eyes stared at her.  Keefe Scencen, the baby's father. He walked towards her and before she could react hugged her. It took her a moment to hug him back, but once she did she embraced it and hugged him harder "It's going to be okay. We're going to be okay." He pulled away and looked into her eyes "I'm so sorry Sophie. I'm so sorry." 

"It's okay," She said quietly "I'm not mad." She looked up at him.

"Who have you told?" He said into her hair as he hugged her again. 

"Just Biana, I'm sorry I didn't tell you first." She sobbed. Keefe started to stroke her head. 

"It's fine, I get that you wanted to tell a girl first. I'm so sorry, this must be so hard for you." Sophie nodded into his shoulder. "Don't worry Sophie, I'm here." 

Sophie looked over Keefe's shoulder to say something, but before she could she was met with Sandor, standing in the doorway glaring at them "We're going to Elwin. Right. Now."