Chapter 7

Sophie woke up facing the wall. She flipped her body to face the door and was met with a sleeping Keefe on the couch of her dorm.

She was surprised at first, but then noticed that his worry line had faded. He had a little line of drool running fro the corner of his mouth and was snoring softly.

She just stared at him for awhile until she realized how creepy she probably looked... she quietly got up and went to her washroom to change from her yeti pajamas's. She changed into a light blue dress that fell straight to the floor with no poof, thankfully. The top had a floral lace over the light blue material.

Sophie didn't have a bump yet, only a slight bulge which made her look a bit bloated. She threw on her silver cape, and quickly brushed her hair and threw it into a messy bun.

She walked back into her room, of course Keefe was still sleeping. She walked over to him and slightly shook him

"Hmm," Keefe mumbled in his sleep. Sophie shook him a bit harder and he still didn't wake up. She shoved him and he jolted awake "Wha-Whatsgoingon?Sophieareyouokay?" He slurred his words together.

"It's okay, I'm okay." She laughed "I just wanted to make sure you knew that I was leaving for telepathy class." She said quietly looking into his ice blue eyes. He wiped his mouth and sat up to stretch. Sophie smiled softly

"When did you get here?" she asked siting beside him, she slowly leaned her head on his shoulder nervously.

"I left and about 5 minutes later and I realized that I probably couldn't lead Lady Fos-Boss to her own devices." He smirked and looked down at her. Sophie just relaxed on his shoulder and reveled in her peace. He put his arm around her shoulders and leaned his head on her head.

"What are we going to do?" Sophie whispered.

"We're going to be strong and work together to get through this." He said confidently, starting to slowly rub her shoulder not wanting to move too fast. She just laid there for a couple minutes after his response satisfied with it.

The warning bell rang, Sophie stood up quickly scaring Keefe, he jumped up right after her. "What's wrong? Is it the baby?" She looked at him bewildered as she quickly put on her Team Valiant crown which she was forced to wear all the time when in public or in lessons.

"No! Tiergan is going to kill me if I'm late again." She threw on her shoes and bolted for the door "Sorry I have to go, see you later." She quickly yelled back to her room as she ran down the hall. She heard Keefe yelling after her

"Be Careful!"

Sophie got to her Telepathy lesson and walked in the door right as the bell rang.

"Well Mrs.Foster almost late for the second day in a row." Tiergan peered up at a panting Sophie who took a set in her chair in front of Fitz. "Maybe you need some more physical activity by the lack of oxygen you're getting there." Fitz chuckled, but had a worried look on his face.

"Seriously, Sophie are you okay?"

Sophie blew out a breath and took a deep one "I'm fine. I just need more gym time." She smiled and looked to Tiergan "So what are we doing today?" She tried to change the subject. Tiergan looked to her today we'll be sorting through each others memories looking for memories that you have tried to hide."

"What?" Sophie said a little too quickly.

"Yes. It's going to be like when we did your first ever exercises, but instead of telling each other your secrets you'll be looking for them." He smirked at their mortified faces. "Come on you can't be keeping big secrets from each other! Don't be worried about each other learning that you sleep with no clothes on or something stupid like that." He smiled mischievously at them, he sat down and looked at each of them with an expectant face.

Fitz looked like he relaxed, but Sophie was super nervous. She scrambled to lock up her biggest secret at the moment, her baby.

"Ready?" Fitz asked leaning closer to her on his chair across from her. She finished locking up her secret and just hoped he wouldn't find it in her aisle's of memories.

"Yep" she felt a bead of sweat on the back of her neck. "Who goes first?"

"You can go first if you'd like?"

"Sure." She stood up and approached Fitz, she walked behind him, wiped her sweaty hands on her tunic and brought her fingers up to Fitz's temples.

"Hi." She heard Fitz mentally. "Don't look too hard, you might find some disturbing secrets." He said jokingly. She laughed at that

"Just gives me a reason to look even harder." She navigated through Fitz's twisty turny path's that had spider leg looking branches holding on to memories and thoughts. Very different from what her's looked like, at least what she wanted her's to look like. "I'll stop talking so you can concentrate."

"Thanks." Instead of following the trail that seemed most obvious she took a different route and went into a more lighted area where she could see dark corners, she started to poke at one of the corners and felt that it was soft, soft like she could walk right through. She carefully walked mentally through the corner and surprisingly it let her through. This small room contained 1 memory or thought.

"Oh. You found this one...." She heard Fitz's voice cut through the silence.

"Yea, I'm going to have to look at it for us to be done this lesson."

"I know... Get it over and done with." Fitz walked out of the small nook, probably not wanting to have to watch whatever Sophie was getting herself into. She walked closer to the memory and touched it mentally. The memory sprang open and she was looking at a list of thoughts, so many thoughts on the list. As she looked closer she realized that all the thoughts were about Alvar and how Fitz was going to kill him if he ever saw him again. Sophie couldn't believe how cold was towards Alvar. She slowly let go of Fitz's temples, and looked at his face which was covered with guiltiness. She leaned down and hugged him which surprised him at first, but then he embraced it.

"I'm sorry you have to bear the shame from everyone about Alvar. You know it's not your fault that he joined Neverseen right?" Sophie asked telepathically, her voice laced with pity.

"I'm trying to..."

"Good, as long as you're trying, it's all that matters." She said sitting down in her chair.

"My turn I guess." Fitz mumbled standing up and walking behind Sophie and placing his cold fingers on her temples. Sophie was basically shaking with nervousness. She was too scared to look, but after about 5 minutes with Fitz apparently not finding anything she decided to take a peek. When she looked Fitz was near the 1 place she didn't want him to be. He was poking around the fluffy nook of her mind where she kept her biggest secret.

"No..." She thought silently making sure Fitz didn't hear her. At the same time Fitz unlocked her fluffy nook and went in. Sophie silently thought "Nonononononono." As she raced to get to Fitz and throw him out of her mind before he saw anything. But she was too late. Fitz was staring at all the baby memories with a horrified face. She felt him let go of her temples, she looked up to Fitz staring at her "Sophie, tell me that's a joke." Sophie felt her cheeks redden and her eyes well up. She stood up slowly and faced Fitz tears at her eyes.

"I'm sorry..." She whispered in a wobbly voice. Before Fitz could say anything she turned around and ran out of the room as fast as she could.