Chapter 13

Don't play the song just yet!!

Izuku POV

"I love you, Deku." Huh? Did I just hear that right? Kacchan looked straight into my eyes coming closer and closer to my face. Oh no! I can't let him kiss me! I quickly whipped my hand out and stopped him from coming any closer to my face. "Something wrong?"

"Ah Ha! Uhm... what were you trying to pull?"

"Isn't it obvious? I was trying to kiss you, but your greasy buttery hands ruined the moment. Please don't tell me you don't know what a kiss is."

"I know what they are! I just... don't you think you're rushing things?"

Kacchan opened his mouth agape, but nothing came out. No sound or words. I pushed myself away from him and stood off the couch. "Deku-"

"I'm not ready yet. I don't want to start a relationship, nor want to be in one. I can't tell you why, but please just wait."

"I... I understand. Just to let you know. I'm not going to give up," he grinned, "I'm gonna make you fall for me if it's the last thing I do."

"If you need me, I'll be taking a bath. Please don't disturb me and go to bed, I've watched enough tv," I said leaving Kacchan with the dogs. Eri jumped off the couch and walked with me to my room and to the bathroom. I let Eri come in with me and locked the door.

"Is everything okay Mr. Deku?" She asked with concern in her voice. My hand reached for the drawer to grab the salt I secretly stashed in my bathroom. I turned the water on at a warm temperature in the tub and started to pour the salt in it. That should be good. "Mr. Deku?"

"No! Everything is not okay! Kacchan just said he loves me, and it feels like I've rejected him," Eri looked away when I stepped into the tub and in ten seconds my tail appears. I took off my wet shirt and tossed it aside. "Why did I do that?"

Eri looked back at me and sat a few feet away from the tub. "Don't you love him?"

"I don't know. It's just so complicated. Even if I liked him, this wouldn't work out," pointing at my tail as one of the reasons. "He wouldn't understand why."

"But, let me ask you again? Do you love him? It's not that much of a hard answer. Yes or no?"

Cupping some water in the tub, I splashed some water on my face. "It's not that easy to say you're in love. In my own opinion, love is just when someone unexpectedly makes your heart beat fast around by a certain someone. The one who you've known better than anyone"

"Does he make your heart beat fast?"

"No... not really. He even said he wouldn't give up to win me over."

"Maybe that's how he is. He's the type of person who never gives up!" She smiled as her short stubby tail wagging.

I leaned over the tub and took a towel to wipe my hands off dry. Reaching over to Eri to scratch the top of her head and softly smiled, "I'm glad you're here Eri. I don't know where I would be without you."

"Happy to be of help. You're my best friend in the whole wide world! Besides Kota," Eri giggled and started rolling left to right on the floor.

"Oh ho ho, does that mean you have a crush on him?"

"Eep! Hey, this is you we're talking about, not me! He's just a friend."

"Right... a 'friend'. I don't believe it, but I'll ignore it for now. But, you should tell me sooner or later."

"No way!" Eri pouted as she turned around and walked away from me. "I wished you didn't lock this door, I really wanna get away from your endless teasing." She's been hanging out with Kota too much, that's probably where she gets it from.