Chapter 6

(I'm so sorry guys... You might hate me for what I'm about to do).

Izuku POV

It's just been a week since I've stayed in Kacchan's place. Ashido comes by in the afternoon to watch over his place and take care of Kota, since she only works in the morning. I told her I wanted to make my own meals because, I'll admit. I worry for Kacchan when he comes home from work. I can't always rely on him to make me food.

Ashido has been teaching me how to work around the kitchen. She explained to me how to make some soup, from which they put it in some metal cylinder called a can. Life on the surface is very interesting. I've been learning new things everyday on the tv, and there's so many options to choose from.

She brought a pot from the cabinet and set in on the stove. "Okay! This is one of the instant meals that is easy to make! You watching?"

"Yes, I'm watching," I said and leaned over.

"Don't get too close, you might burn your face off!" Ashido shooed me away for me to sit back in the chair. "I was just kidding. Just be careful when you turn the stove on. And before you ask, a stove is where the pot is being placed. It heats up the pot when making the soup. Or you could just microwave it to make it easier."

"But, if it's easier, then why are you using the stove?"

"I just wanted to use this for once. It's been a while since I've used a pot before." She said and looked down at the pot with a sad smile.

"Before? You can cook too?"

"Yeah. I'm not that much of a good cook as Bakugo, but I do make the best gumbo..." she sadly said as she opened the can of soup and poured it in.

"I never heard of gumbo. What does it taste like?" I asked her and I could see sparkle in her eyes when I asked her.

"It's the best! My mom would make a pot filled with gumbo every time there was a party or cook out. It's filled with chicken, vegetables, sausage, and all kinds of other things!"

"It sounds delicious! Do you think you can make it sometime?" I asked and jumped out of the chair.

"Sure thing! I didn't learn my mom's gumbo recipe for nothing!" She said as she turned the stove off. "Here's your soup," Ashido pours the soup carefully in a bowl and sets it down for me.

"Thank you," I said and clapped my hands together and grabbed a spoon by my bowl. "I really appreciate you teaching me how to make food and meals on my own Ashido."

"Pfft! No need to call me Ashido, we're friends now Izuku. Please, call me Mina!" She smiled and turned on her phone. "Oh my gosh! I completely forgot about tonight!!"

"Forgot about what?"

"Tonight my friends and I are having a party at the life house. I didn't get to bring refreshments, so I'm gonna go to my apartment." Mina rushed to the door and slipped on her boots and opened the door. "Make sure Kota and your dog, Eri are well taken care of!" That was the last thing she said before she shut the door.

Welp. Now what am I gonna do? My hand cupped my cheek and I needed to think about something to do to keep myself from getting bored.

"Kota, can I ask you something?"

"Hm? Sure. I'd be happy to answer any of your questions, m'lady!"

"M'M-l-lady?!" My head turned around to see Eri hiding her face with her paws, while Kota was a stuttering mess.

"Ah, young love." I whispered and went back to eating my soup. I was about to take another bite, but put the spoon in the bowl from my thoughts. Why is it so hard to be friends with him?! Is he rude? Yes. Anger management? No way he managed his anger through therapy. But I need a place to stay, mostly because I need his omelets.