Epilouge

Izuku POV

"Dammit!" Huh? Kacchan?

"But think about it, he can't stay there. He's just gonna put himself in more danger. More importantly, they won't leave you guys alone now that the whole world has discovered his identity. Please, I'll help him get back in good shape." I could hear Nemuri's voice close by. How did she get here?

Suddenly, a loud noise could be heard in the distance.

"A search party!" Nemuri worriedly said, "Please, if you don't go now, he's gonna die!" Die? What...

I felt some movement in the water and felt someone else holding onto me. Something touched my hand and felt a gentle touch on my forehead. "Deku, please come back to me when you can, I'll be waiting for you." Kacchan...what does he mean? Suddenly a glow appeared and I could feel myself being pulled away. My hand was reaching out to him. Please, come with me...

I don't want you to go, I want to stay with you. I want to be with you...

"Please, don't leave me!!" I shouted in agony and pushed myself up. I panted and looked around the room, huh? What is this place? My hand pulled the covers aside and I looked at my- my tail?! What happened to my legs? Where am I?

My head turned right and the door creaked open for a bit. A little nose stuck out and looked at me. "Eri? Why are you back as a dolphin and why am I here?"

"We had to take you home. You couldn't stay there," a Manta Ray swam over to me with food for me. "It's me, Nemuri. I had to take you back home or else those people would go after you."

"Can I still?" I asked, but she shook her head no as I took the tray off her and ate some seaweed. "So... I can't go back even though the potion is no longer good."

"I'm sorry, but it was for the best. While you were being held at the science center and your friends were saving you, Eri, despite her size as a dog, got your stuff and hid it by the beach. When I heard you were being taken on the news, I decided to go by the beach and that's where I met Eri and saw you and your friend jump from the dock." Nemuri said as she looked at me with a worried expression.

I sighed as I took some seaweed off my plate and chewed on it. I'm gonna miss his omelets so much. "Geez, I was hoping you would find your answers to where you came from. I didn't expect you to fall in love with a human!" The turtle whacked me with his wooden stick on my head.

"Ha Ha Ha! Good to see you too Torino. How were things going since I left home?"

"Meh! Plain old ocean, same old thing! All that happened was me babysitting a bunch of school fish." He muttered.

"Thank you Nemuri. But, will I ever see him again," I asked. Nemuri looked over at me and swam to where I was laying after I handed her the tray. "I need to know something. Will the potion work again?"

"It's like I said. If you stay in the water for more than twenty four hours it won't work. But, during that time I know someone who's been trying the potion once a year. We're still doing it. I'll let you know as soon as I gather data."

"That's really helpful, thank you." I sighed to myself and plopped back down on the bed. "So... since I can't stay with Kacchan anymore. What will happen now?"

Nemuri grinned at me and went over to a shelf and laid out a book about merfolk. "We are gonna find your parents. In this book, it has everything we need to do to find them. First thing in the morning, we will find the spot where Gran Torino found you. It's best if you get some sleep."

"Come on Eri, you'll see him in the morning." Gran Torino said as Eri swam away from me and Nemuri left the room. Leaving only me in the room. I hope we could find some clues to my family.