Chapter 2

Bakugo POV

Beep! Beep! Beep! Be-!

My eyes slowly opened as I groan from my stupid alarm clock going on. Great another day, another migraine. Better get to work, wouldn't want my boss to give me another lecture again. I stretched out my arms and got myself out of bed. I looked over at the door and walked out of my bedroom to the kitchen. I find Kota sleeping in his bed, so I went into the cabinet and got his food out.

"Come here boy! It's breakfast time!" I hollered. Clanking from the collar came closer and closer to me and he immediately started to eat. "I have to go to work now, Raccoon eyes will be watching you in the afternoon." I don't know why I was just talking to my dog, it's not like he could understand me.

I went back to my room and got into my closet for my work attire. I need to be in a dress shirt and swim trunks for the afternoon part time job. My hands grabbed the duffel bag and stuffed my afternoon attire in there. My hand threw the bag on the bed and changed into my professional clothes. I put on a plain white shirt and then put on a dark red dress shirt. I just need to put on some pants and a belt. I took one look in the mirror after finishing to get dressed and walked out of my room.

"See you later, Kota!" I said and closed the door to my apartment. I locked the door and walked away from the door and headed down stairs.

"Good morning Bakugo." The lady at the desk said to me.

"Morning First aid lady, I'm heading out now." I told her and slightly open the door when I heard her speak again.

"Remember your rent is due soon. Just to remind you, okay?"

"I got it. The money is coming in soon, you'll have it by next week," I answered back and officially left the building.

Walking in the city is not that bad. When you live in Ocean City, Maryland. I was only brought here once when I was a kid and fell in love with the city. After I turned eighteen, I moved out and lived on my own ever since.

For some reason, I find sea creatures interesting. I wanted to become a marine biologist and I'm still learning and getting used to going somewhere super fancy like the science center. I was lucky enough to be hired as the head scientist's assistant, Endeavor. He's the top notch scientist in the world and runs it with the back of his hand. I want to take in everything that he's going to teach me and not let it go to waste.

"Yo! Wanna have a custard bun before you head to work?" I heard someone say and see a flying custard bun heading my way. I used my free hand and caught the custard bun before it hit the ground. "Nice Catch Bakugo!"

"Thanks. You really need to stop throwing things at people." I said and walked over to baggy eyes to give him his money.

"What can I say? I really can't help it." He said as he put the money in the cashier. I waved him goodbye and continued walking to where I work.

From my place to work, I get there about fifteen minutes, leaving me one minute left and... there it is! I rushed up to the doors and went ahead inside the building. I was pretty tired from the running I just did and walked up to the desk to check me in and go on about my day.

"Cutting it close, eh Bakugo." The janitor pointed to the clock for me to see.

I rolled my eyes and walked to the elevator, "Yeah and I'm not late, okay?"

"Bakugo, you must be very lucky to even be the assistant to the famous scientist Endeavor! I wish I was in that position."

"Tch! Wouldn't dream of it," I scoffed and made it to the elevator and pressed the marine biologist level. "Geez, can't that bastard leave me alone?"