Chapter 9

A/N: Hey everyone, hope you guys are having a good day! Before you read this, there's going to be a time skip from six months in the story. This will be one of the last chapters I will post until the day after Christmas is over. Just to keep you all in mind. Anyway, enjoy the chapter! :)

Edited: Oh and happy birthday to Eri!!!

Shigaraki POV

"So, will you let them work with you?" Kurogiri asked while messing with a pen of mine. Three complete strangers walked into my basement and wanted to work with me. Obviously, they look like complete idiots. I mean, how can they contribute to this?

"Get these lunatics out of my sight," I said and looked back at my work and taking notes.

"Come on! Don't be such a downer!" The girl with messy buns said and hovered over my shoulder, "You never know how much of an asset we can be, like me! I'm Himiko Toga!"

"And what can you do? Are you even a scientist to begin with?" I could hear giggling from behind me.

"I am a researcher. What I do is collect blood from humans, animals and take them in to form some kind of new chemical. I'm also part of a blood drive."

"You do blood science?"

"Yup! When I saw your flyer for finding a merman, all I could think about was the precious merman's blood. It would make an amazing addition to my collection~!"

"Uh-Huh, and what about you mister 'dark and mysterious'? Why do you want to take part in this project?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "Meh. Thinking you need a hacker of some sort. I will be able to pinpoint his location. More or less, I'd thought it'd be fun to chase a little fish. As for the bird clinging on my arm is my assistant, Keigo Takami." He points at the man nuzzling on his collar bone.

"Oh Dabi, I'm more than just your little royal messenger~" Dabi groaned and grabbed Takami by the back of his shirt and kept him from a distance.

"I've also got a call that a couple more people will be joining in on this project soon," Kurogiri added as he walks towards the stairs. "I say it's best if we leave the merman alone for a while."

"Huh?! Why? The sooner we get him, the sooner I get to be Endeavor's assistant and have the position to fire Bakugo!" I retorted and threw my hands in the air.

"Oh, so it's about the position you've been wanting. It's like rival against rival." Dabi smirked at me as he pushed Takami away from him.

"I guess you could say that. It should've been me to be the famous Endeavor's assistant! Mark my words, I will take back what's rightfully mine!" I lowly cackled and soon it got louder and louder by my excitement.

"Geez, tone it down a bit. Mr. Kuro, how come we have to wait?" Toga asked as she slouched into one of my other chairs.

"Because, we need to find a way for you guys to get what everyone needs. Each of you has something to gain. I'd say this is the best way for you to have what you want. As far as I've heard, Bakugo is letting the merman stay with him for a while. He probably doesn't even know what the merman's true identity is. Besides, isn't it better to have more people to believe in you?"

Kurogiri... he's Endeavor's secretary and has been helping me to get to the top. If it wasn't for him, I don't know where I would be right now. He's been my mentor since the beginning. I'll take his word for it and wait, "I understand. But what should we do while we let them have fun?"

"Like Dabi said, he's a hacker. He can secretly find where the merman is staying and be able to see how close they become. Toga has more than just her knowledge of blood science, and Takami is also known as 'Hawks' in the alleys. He's got the eyes of the bird and can record every single action of what they do."