Chapter 17

Don't play the song just yet!

(A week before the Pier)

Shigaraki POV

After many months of watching Bakugo and the merman, Kurogiri says that now is the time we strike. I've been waiting so long for this to happen! But, I still don't get why we had to wait this long for doing this up until now.

I phoned Kurogiri a while ago for him to come down here, while everyone makes preparations for the plan to take action. During our investigation, we've got two new members joining us, a man named Spinner and a psychologist who goes by the named Twice. That's good I guess.

I turned my chair around when I heard the door open and it revealed to be Kurogiri coming down the stairs with some tea in his hand. He swirled his tea with a spoon and took a sip of it. "Hello Tomura, how are the preparations coming?"

"It's going well. Dabi is just hacking into the Pier's employee list for Toga. Spinner is still trying to convince Endeavor to come to the Pier with his family, everything is going according to plan."

"That's splendid. I take it Hawks is going to be the mannequin this time?"

"You got it Kuro! I'll make him look like an exact duplicate!" Toga exclaimed as she gave Kurogiri a thumbs up.

"I can't wait for you to see me in a whole new look~?" Hawks flirtatious whispered into Dabi's ear.

"Ugh... in your dreams. Can you get off of my shoulder please?" He groaned while typing on his computer. Toga pulled Hawks aside from Dabi and pushed him on a chair. "Thank you."

I sighed and went back to look at Kurogiri drinking the last of his tea. "May I go now?"

"No, you may not. I actually have a few questions for you. One, why are you helping me in the first place? Two, how come we have to wait this long from the very beginning for this plan? Tell me. What is your intention on this?"

He set the cup of tea on some of my magazines. Everyone's attention is now on him. His mouth turned to a menacing smile as he chuckled. "Things don't get passed you do they?"

"Heh. Who would've guessed Mr. Crusty lips is that sharp?" Dabi grinned.

"Now, now. He deserves to know. Let's be gentlemen about this," he walked over to find a chair and drag it back to where I was and took a seat beside me. "Because I'm sick of the Todoroki family taking all the credit. True, he did say he did this and that, but he never actually gives credits other than his assistant. He stole my work and used it to win a Nobel Peace Prize."

"Huh? I never knew they were like this here." "You telling me! He's a scientist thief!" "Meh. This is boring! Why are we even a psychologist anyway!" "Shut up!" Twice shouted as he was pulling on his hair.

"As I was about to answer your other question, because Bakugo had no weaknesses." He stated. I blinked at him a couple of times trying to process what he said.

"Weaknesses? What does that have to do with Bakugo?" Toga asked as she stepped away from Hawks.

"It's simple. Tomura, remember when I asked you to get under his skin that day? When he punched you in the face?"

"Don't remind me. Just even thinking about it, makes my jaw hurt."

"Get to the point already, we don't have all day." Dabi groaned as he shut his computer off.