Chapter 20

Third POV

"Alright, get in places and we are on in 5... 4... 3..." the man went silent and the intro music started to play. The camera started recording a man and woman behind a table.

"This just ends! The merman research has been and will be discontinued with the recent break-in in the science center last week." The man said with his old news and enthusiastic voice.

"As regards to Katsuki Bakugo, Endeavor's former assistant and part of this heist has been claimed innocent and no charges towards him. As of the tremendous and horrid experiments placed by Tomura Shigaraki and his crew have been placed under arrest, and caught by none other than the famous detective Keigo Takami." The lady with bright red attire added as the man took a teeny tiny break from speaking.

"Meanwhile, authorities have taken Endeavor for questioning if he had anything to do with the rumors of a buyer, who was planning to give almost a half a billion dollars for the merman." The screen then shows Endeavor being interrogated by some officers. Sitting down and drinking some coffee.

"Okay in my defense, I was very suspicious over hiring a new assistant from the start. Though, I have to admit that taking all the credit towards all my workers is kind of cruel of me. I guess I missed the old days, and wanted to have that feeling again." He said with a nervous smile. The cop just shook his head and wrote down what he said. The screen cut off and went back to the news anchors.

"As for what he just said, everything that he took credit for from all his previous Nobel Peace Prize has been returned to the rightful researchers."

"In related news, with Endeavor having to face supposed criminal charges, his son Shoto Todoroki will be taking over from now on. Min-ling is at the science center as we speak. Min-ling how are things going on back there?"

The scene nexts changes to a girl with black short hair with a microphone in her hand. "Hey Dave, and things are pretty packed here with having the Nobel Peace Prize award ceremony taking place after the whole incident." She signaled the camera man to take a shot of Todoroki handing over an award to Asui.

"And for discovering new plankton. I'd be happy to congratulate the award goes to Tsuyu Asui. Amazing work!" Everyone started cheering for her as she showed it to everyone. Asui walked off with her award off stage, leaving Todoroki in front of the podium.

"That concludes the last of the awards for today and before everyone leaves I'd like to make an announcement." He took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment and looked at the audience. "With my father facing this scandal, he won't be in charge anymore. It has come to my conclusion that I..." his eyes glanced at someone on the left side of the stage of a man with ash blonde hair. Todoroki softly smiled and turned back towards the audience. "I'm leaving my position to someone else."

This surprised the audience from what he just said, the crowd murmured and whispered to one another until things started to quiet down.

"With all due respect, I don't think of myself as someone to take charge. I believe it should be someone who has more experience than I do. I just want to study the stars and nothing more. I know the right person to be boss from this day forward. May Katsuki Bakugo, come up here please?"

Bakugo's head perked up from what Todoroki said. He looked confused at first and processed what is happening at this moment. He started heading for the stairs to the stage and he nervously waved at the audience, and started flashing some lights from the camera on him. He turned his head towards Todoroki as soon as he stopped walking.

"Why? Why would you give this up?"

"You're more experienced than I am with handling business around here. There's no other person than you to handle the job."