Chapter 14

Bakugo POV

Deku's been very distant for a while since after Valentine's Day. Did I go too far with the whole confession thing? I don't even know anymore. No! Focus Katsuki! You need to figure out how to fix this! How can I get Deku talking to me again?

Right now, I'm making his favorite food and serving it in bed. Who wouldn't love breakfast in bed? The omelet is sizzling in the frying pan, it looks almost done. I grabbed the spatula by the stove and used it to move it to a plate. I put the plate of omelet on a tray with some bacon, silverware on both sides, and a little flower to touch it up a bit.

This looks good. I think this'll get us both to repair our relationship with one another. I took the tray in my hands and walked out of the kitchen, "Wish me luck Kota." He yawned, as I shook my head and walked over to his room. Here I go.

My hand reached for the door knob to his room and I see him reading one of his books while petting Eri on the bed. He looked up from the book when he saw me walked in. "Hm? Oh... hey Kacchan." He nervously said as he put the book down, "What can I do you for?"

"I'm just delivering something," I replied while putting the tray of omelet beside him. "Hope you don't mind."

"Not at all. Not when it comes to my favorite food in the world!" He cheerfully said as he grabbed the tray and fork and started choking down his breakfast. I chuckled at his actions when he was eating too fast.

"Slow down! You don't wanna choke now, would you?"

"Mpfh!"

"Guess you're really enjoying that one huh?"

He immediately gulped down his last bit and set the tray back on the side of the bed, "Very much! I enjoy your cooking. You may need to teach me sometime~."

"Yeah no thanks. Not after almost putting my kitchen on fire."

"Wow... You're still on about it? Huh. And I thought we've moved passed this as friends," he playfully rolled his eyes and dramatically swooned.

"Quit being dramatic. It took up my whole weekend and I had to clean up every mess you made!" Deku started to snicker at my response. I ended up laughing with him as well. "Are we still good after what happened on Valentine's Day?" He stiffened when I mentioned about that day. Way to turn things south, Katsuki.

Deku looked away from me and turned his focus to Eri as he picks her up and set her on his lap. He sighed to himself and looked up back at me. "I'm sorry about me walking off like that."

"Don't be. I deserve it after what happened. I rushed things, and I didn't mean to."

"It's okay. But, I just don't know how to respond. I don't even know if I like you back as well. It's still new to me."

"That makes sense. Is there anything I could do to help our relationship?"

"Not at the moment. I'll let you know, but I just want to be alone with Eri for now."

"Alright and hey, if you need something just holler for me, okay?"

Deku gave me a thumbs up with a nice smile on his face. I pushed myself off the bedside and left the room. I shut the door and went over to the kitchen. At least we're making some kind of progress.

Even if he said he doesn't like me back, I'm still not gonna give up. I should probably clear my head from all the worrying I've been through these past few weeks. I have to go back to work tomorrow, so really this will be my last chance to relax at home. I slouched down on the couch and turned the tv on.

This is boring. I need to change it to something else, I've already seen this one. I grabbed the remote off the coffee table and pressed the channel button, but for some reason it won't work. Ha? Why the hell isn't it working?!