Chapter 3

Izuku POV

"Aw~Look at him! He's so cute! Isn't he?"

"Yeah, he is. You did an amazing job, honey."

Wha? Who's saying that? Mmm... mom.. dad.. where are you guys? My eyes slowly opened and I saw two people with tails like me. Are they my-

"Mmm... no. Stop." I started giggling and woke up to a dog licking my face. The dog stopped licking and hopped off the bed. I lift my upper half up to see where the-. Where am I? What's going on? Where's Eri? Why am I in a bed? Where's my bag? What's this stuff that I'm wearing? I looked frantically for my bag and Eri and jumped out of bed, which resulted me immediately falling down.

"Ow... that hurts..." I heard giggling from under the bed and turned to the right to find Eri and that other dog laughing at me.

"Y-you should've seen your face Mr. Deku!!" Eri burst out laughing and rolled around side to side.

"I've got you good! You were too eas-Eri. Did you say Mr. Deku?" He asked her. Eri nodded with a smile.

"Yup. I'm gonna protect Mr. Deku from trouble!" She shouted with glee. I softly chuckled at the puppies.

"Indeed you are." Eri came out from under the bed and looked back to get the other dog out.

"It's okay Kota! He's really friendly." She said to reassure the other dog. He peeked under the bed with his nose and slowly came out under the bed.

"Your name is Kota? I like that name." I said and pet on his back. Kota looked away from me, trying to hide his face.

"My owner gave me that name. I'd rather be named King!"

"Nah. I like Kota better. It really suits you." Eri said as she smiled. "Hey, Mr. Deku. You can understand us?"

"I think so. I can talk to living creatures, so that must be why." I said with my finger on my chin.

"That's so cool! Hey Deku guy! You think you can tell my owner how to properly take care of me!!" He asked me with sparkle in his eyes and wagging his tail.

"Um... sure." Eri had a look for some reason and rolled her eyes. Kota went to my hand telling me to pet him. As I was about to put my hand on him, a voice was heard from the other side of the door.

"Oi! I made you breakfast! Hope you're finally out of bed." He shouted for me to come to where he is.

"Sorry, I'll make sure I tell him another time. I promise," I set Kota off of my legs and started crawling on the floor.

"What's he doing? He does know that your owner can walk on two legs, right?" He asks Eri with a puzzled look and nudges her with his tiny paw.

"I'm honestly not sure he knows how to walk." She said nervously.

I walked on all fours and opened the door to find a strange path full of pictures and bowls of wooden balls. What a weird path. I shook the thoughts out of my head when I smelt something amazing. There was a long tall pole and I grabbed onto it to help me with my legs. The smell drawn me towards a distinguished room and I see a man.

"Excuse me." He heard me speak up and glanced at me then to something else.

"Good. You're finally up. Why don't you take a seat over by the counter with the tall chairs." He said to me, not looking over at me.

"O-okay..." How do I do this again? I haven't gotten used to my legs and I can only crawl. You can do this Izuku! How hard can it be? I took one small step and another one and left the pole.