꧁ N I N E T E E N ꧂

Whilst running a hand through her soft silky hair, Nessa turns the door knob and steps inside the room where she now spends the majority of her time. Her free hand searches the wall for the light panel, her index finger sliding the button up just a tiny bit so that some light floods through the dark room- making it a little easier for her to see. The soft sniffles from the crying baby girl in the crib start to silence themselves when a soft smiling Nessa peers over the wooden frame and comes into view. A pair of large brown orbs stare up at her with sleepiness sparkling in the corners of them.

Reaching inside the crib without another sound, Nessa picks up the fussy baby girl in her arms and wonders over to the nursing chair, the two never breaking eye contact once. The tired girl soothes her daughter in her arms, rocking gently in the comforting chair until slowly- the caramel orbs disappear behind light pink eyelids. Nessa studies her daughters features- from her button nose to the long, full lashes that are perfectly layered on the edge of her lids.

Slowly, she stands back up, rocking the sleeping child in her arms contently before placing a gentle kiss on her temple and lowering her back into the crib where hopefully she'll stay asleep for another few hours at least. Whilst busy focusing on her daughter, Nessa failed to hear the door of the nursery open and a sleepy Josh come into the room. Nessa sighs blissfully as a pair of strong arms wrap around her waist from behind and she leans back into the warm body. Josh lowers his head before whispering her name into her ear. Nessa closes her eyes, basking in the moment while Josh continues to chant her name repeatedly.

"Nessa!".

Jolting awake, Nessa rubs at her eyes furiously as she tries to recollect herself. Confusion scratches at her head instantly- her eyes being blinded by the violently bright light above. When she does finally manage to open them, she can just barely make out the outline of Josh's very tall and muscular self. He hoveres over her with concern etched upon his face but it doesn't take long for it to be replaced by an amused grin and a roll of his beautiful blue eyes.

"Wha-what time is it?" She mumbles, her voice sleepy and strained. Josh ignores how cute he finds her at this very second and focuses his attention on checking his phone. He clicks the button once with his index finger before turning the device around and letting her see for herself. Nessa's eyes bulge out of their sockets- almost like they do in cartoons- when she reads 04:16.

Josh holds his hand out for her to take which she willingly accepts. Without meaning to, she holds his hand in her own instead of letting it go once she's fully balanced. The act doesn't go unnoticed by Josh but instead of reacting in the way he should, he squeezes her hand instead.

"You must have fallen asleep by accident after I left" He ponders while leading them both out of the room. Nessa allows herself to be pulled away from the nursery and into the hallway, her weary head begging to be laid back down- this time preferably on a feather filled pillow. She nods her head in agreement while staring down at their entwined hands.

Flashbacks of her dream come barging into her mind like a stampeded of memories she forgot were there. Holding his hand reminds her of the way he touched her in the dream and the way she enjoyed it. His muscular arms wrapping around her waist protectively made her shiver with excitement and not to mention the way his hot breath fanning at her ear, sent a tidal wave of goosebumps down her spine. Nessa has always had some sort of attraction towards Josh but she always ruled out having actual meaningful feelings for him because she thought she knew him. Although, if these past few months have taught her anything, it's that she didn't know him at all. She knew the version that he wanted people to know. The version that had all the walls built and lights turned out. The unwelcoming Josh. The douchebag asshole Josh. Not Joshua.