꧁ F I F T E E N ꧂

Opening the front door, Nessa waves goodbye to Bryce before he starts his engine once again and reverses out of her long driveway. After spending the night with her friends, Nessa feels better about this whole giving Josh the baby situation. She was reassured more than once that she was doing the right thing and she knows it. Deep down? She always knew it. Kicking her shoes off at the door, she rubs her abdomen in a clockwise manner as a small smile tugs at her lips. She briefly stops at the mirror that hangs in the hallway- the smile growing when she turns her body and a small bump is shown in the reflection.

"Janessa? Is that you?" Her mother calls from the direction of the dining room. Snapping her hand away from her stomach instantly- Nessa stutters a little as she forms a reply.

"Uh yes mom! I'm home" She replies, tugging her sweater down more to hide the visible growing bump.

"Come here".

The demand was firm and it was from her father. Nessa bites at her lower lip as she takes small steps down the hallway, her head crammed with different scenarios. Has something terrible happened? Is Julian okay? The closer she gets to the dining room the more questions she asks herself. With clammy hands- she reaches for the handle and pushes down before opening the door and seeing both of her parents in the room.

Nessa's mother is seated at the head of the table with an unreadable expression. Her hair is pulled back tightly into a firm bun and she's still wearing her work clothes. Maybe that's what this is about. Her father however is pacing with his hands behind his back and his business suit jacket has been draped over the chair her mother sits on. They both stop when she enters the room- her moms hand covering what looks like a small rectangular piece of paper that sits inches away from her on the table.

An uneasy feeling settles in Nessa's stomach as she fights the urge to hurl. She didn't eat much junk at Jadens house but she's more than willing to bring it all back up right here and now.

"So when were you going to tell us?" Nina questions off the bat. Her voice monotone and sharp.

As if Nessa's heart wasn't already beating against her rib cage enough, it just about burst out of her completely when her mom scoffed before slamming a hand on the table and sliding the paper towards her more. When she holds it up, it becomes recognizable to the small brunette within seconds. It's the same piece of paper she keeps under her pillow at night. The same piece of paper she stares at for hours. It's the piece of paper that confirmed her life was about the change forever. It's the sonogram of she & Josh's unborn baby.

With a shaky breath, the 17 year old stumbles towards her parents with tears in her eyes. This isn't how they were supposed to find out.

"Mom...Dad I can explain-".

"Explain what? That you got yourself knocked up at the age of seventeen? That you've ruined your life? That you've brought shame to this family?" Her mother yells, snapping her head towards the opposite wall. It was almost like she couldn't bare to look at her daughter- who in her eyes- had done the worst thing imaginable.

Looking at her father, Nessa sees the disappointed look he wears and it breaks her heart. She's always been a daddy's girl and knowing that she's upset him is killing her.

"We've already figured things out! I'm having the baby but I'm not keeping it. I'm still going to college and having a life, Mom please just understand" She pleads, gripping onto one of the chairs.

Drew rips his gaze away from the bay window to look at his annoyed wife. He understands why she's upset but Nessa doesn't which is why it's hard to take sides. He and Nessa make eye contact for a split second and his gaze softens before he hears his wife start to speak again.

"You're not having that thing Janessa. If word gets out that our teenage daughter got herself knocked up by some sleazy teenage boy -"

"He is not sleazy!" Nessa interrupts. "Joshua is the most caring person I know and yeah he might be a little immature at times and he's not exactly Albert Einstein but he has a heart of gold and he loves this baby and I know he's going to be a wonderful father. He's been my rock so far and I would have made the biggest mistake of my life it it weren't for him. So talk about how bad I messed up all you want Mom but I'll be damned if you talk shit about someone I care about".

The room falls silent as Nessa tries to catch her breath. She rubs her stomach in a comforting way out of habit and ignores the appalled look her Mom flashes her way.

"Joshua? As in Joshua Richards?" Her dad asks, standing behind his wife's chair. The two girls look at him, Nessa nodding in response.

"I'm sorry for bringing disappointment into this house and shame to the family- I truly am but I'm scared. I need my parent' support right now".

Nina sighs, standing up from her seat and walking the few steps towards her daughter. She pulls her in for a hug, Nessa's arms wrapping around her mother's frame instantly.

"It's okay baby, you have our support." Nina whispers and Nessa smiles, a weight being lifted from her shoulders. "We'll go down to the clinic tomorrow morning and fix this mess. Your life will go back to normal and everything's going to be alright".

Pushing away from her moms grasp, Nessa frowns at her, looking between the two adults who are looking back at her. Nessa can't believe that she was fooled even for a second.

"I'm not getting an abortion mom, I'm having this baby and Josh will raise it. We have everything figured out- why can't you just listen to me!" The frustrated girl yells, tears brimming her eyes.

"Because you are seventeen years old! You have no idea what trauma your body will go through. You don't know the risks Janessa! You are not giving birth at your age. Trust me honey, I'm doing this to protect you". Nina responds quickly as she gets ready to leave the room.

With her body being pumped with all different sorts of emotions ranging from devastation to rage, Nessa struggles to respond- pleading silently with her dad to help her out but he simply sighs before running a hand over his face and looking away from his daughter.

"I'm not doing it".

Nina glances back at Nessa with an expression she's never seen her wear before. Nina takes a deep breath as she shares a look with her husband. He seems to know where this is going because he closes his own eyes- a look of defeat and hurt on his tanned face.

"Well then go upstairs and back your things".

With a heavy stream of tears now wetting her cheeks, Nessa sobs- wishing things could just go back to normal, wishing that she wasn't in this situation right now.

"w-wh-what?" She manages to choke out- her eyes darting between both of her parents- hoping that she never heard what she thought she heard. Would her parents- who she loves- really kick her out because of this? Would they be so cruel? Could they be so cruel?

Nina wipes away the few tears that she accidentally let slip. She confirms her decision with a firm nod, almost as if she was reassuring herself that she was making the right call. Drew stands with his heart torn and head thudding.

"Either you stay here with us and get the abortion so we can go back to being a proper family" Nina says, her voice wavering. "Or you pack your things and leave. You can't be apart of this family as long as that thing is growing inside of you".

____________________
ꕥ A U T H O R S ꕥ
~ n o t e ~
________________

HI IM BACK

I gave a lil explanation as to why I haven't been updating on my message board but incase none of u have seen it, basically I got locked out of the account for a few months but thankfully I have it back now so we're all good.

Updates will continue as normal starting from Monday!!