꧁ T H I R T E E N ꧂

Josh sits in the parking lot with the radio on low and his knee bopping along to the song. He's been waiting for Nessa to arrive for twenty minutes now. They have an appointment today and although Josh offered to pick the girl up, she said she'd rather drive herself. The two aren't exactly the best of friends at the moment after what happened yesterday. Nessa is still embarrassed and upset that he walked out of an import ant meeting and behaved like a child . Josh however doesn't care if she's mad at him or not, he stands by what he did.

His phone vibrates in his back pocket and the boy rushes to get it. When he unlocks the device, a smile creeps onto his face as he stares at the text message he has received from his dad.

Dad
Good luck today son. We love you

It made Josh happy that his parents weren't too disappointed in him. When he told his dad yesterday, he said that it didn't matter because the only thing he could have wanted was for his son to step up and take responsibility and that's exactly what Josh is doing. His mother on the other hand is horrified at the fact she'll be a grandmother so soon.

Josh is tapped out of his thoughts when he hears a car door slam shut. He looks out of the window to see Nessa getting out of her car- her hand resting on her stomach.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" Josh asks while getting out of his own vehicle and rushing over to her side.

Nessa softens her cold expression when the boy expresses concern for her. He might be in the dog house for what he did yesterday but she can't be mad at him for caring.

"I'm fine just feel a little funny. Nothing for you to worry about" she smiles, holding his arm.

The action takes Josh by surprise as he and Nessa begin walking into the doctors office, her arm hooked with his. They're simply friends and they always have been but he can't help but feel a strange twinge in his stomach when he looks at the girl who's glowing beside him.

꧁꧂

The two didn't have to wait long before Dr. Rollins came out to collect them. Josh took Nessa's bag for her as they made their way down the hallway and into the room.

"Welcome to your second trimester Nessa, how did you find the first?" Dr. Rollins asks as he preps for the scan.

Nessa takes a seat on the chair, Josh sitting close beside her. He listens to her talk about how her first trimester went, considering he wasn't exactly aware of it, he'd like to know about it also.

After Nessa is done explaining, Dr. Rollins gets ready to do the scan but is interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Oh that'll be Anna" Nessa smiles, lifting her shirt up so her stomach is exposed.

Dr. Rollins nods as he makes his way over to the door, letting in the women they both met yesterday. Josh had no idea that Anna was coming today, he didn't know that Nessa had invited her. He didn't like that Nessa had invited her. Why did she invite her?

The three chat amongst themselves but Josh stays quiet. He's here for his kid so he focuses on that. His eyes wonder over to the screen beside the large seat Nessa was currently lying on. It was black and showed nothing until Dr. Rollins put the cold gel over Nessa's stomach and started moving the probe around, applying a generous amount of pressure as he does so.