꧁ S I X T E E N ꧂

With tears streaming down her face uncontrollably, Nessa starts clearing out her closet. Failing to take one of her sweaters off of a hanger, she falls to the floor- her body shaking and head pounding. Bruises that she gave herself from trying to pinch herself awake from this nightmare are starting to show on her arm. Nessa bites down on her lip as she throws her head back, letting the sobs worsen as she sniffles. There's a sound of thudding footsteps approaching her closet and the girl couldn't be more relieved to see her best friend standing in the doorway with a horrified expression.

"Oh my god Nessa what happened?" Mads asks, struggling to catch her breath. She kneels down in front of her with a concerned expression- her eyes glancing at her best friends stomach. "Did you fall? Are you okay? Do we need to go to the hospital?".

Nessa shakes her head 'no' while continuing to sniffle and wipe her mascara smudged eyes with the sleeve of her hoodie. With the help from Mad's, she starts taking deep breaths as an attempt to calm herself down.

"It's my parents". She closes her eyes, rubbing her stomach. "They know Mad's. They're kicking me out". As soon as the words left her lips the new, fresh batch of warm salty tears raced down her pink tainted cheeks.

Mads had to give herself a minute while she processed what Nessa had just told her. For the longest time, Mad's has always longed for a family relationship like the one Nessa has with her brother and parents. Hearing that they're kicking her out because she's pregnant made no sense to the blonde. They were always the most supportive and understanding parents in the world, it was something Mad's had wished time and time again for her own parents to be so why are they suddenly not?

"Mad's I have to call Taylor" Nessa tells her, struggling to get back to her feet. She has never felt so drained and weak in her entire life. "I have to move in with Taylor, I have nowhere else to go".

Mad's helps her best friend balance herself before shaking her head and starting to finish what Nessa had started with the packing.

"No way" Mad's replies, shaking her head furiously as she folds articles of clothes into the large suitcase. "You can move in with me". She informs her, her tone firm.

Nessa doesn't have the energy to argue with Mad's and she knows she won't win anyways so instead of declining the offer, she nods her head and collapses into her best friends arms, wishing she could wake up from this terrible nightmare. At least she knows that she has a solid support system in Mad's who's really more like a sister to her than a best friend at this point.

The two girls continue to pack up a few of the necessary items that Nessa will need over the next few weeks. They pack clothes and shoes, a few jackets and all of Nessa's essential beauty items like make up and her skin care products. She packs her laptop and school stuff into a backpack before wrapping up her charger wires and stuffing them into the inside pocket of the suitcase. While Nessa throws more stuff into boxes that she can come back and pick up another day, Mad's takes out her phone, texting the groupchat with their friends before returning to help her distraught best friend.

When she's finished packing, Mad's carries the boxes and suitcase downstairs while Nessa collects herself. She stands in her bathroom, splashing cold water on her face and taking deep breaths. She suddenly feels a shooting pain up her side and clutches onto the worktop, her knuckles turning white.

The sound of a car pulling up outside followed by the door of said car closing quickly with a thud arises a curiosity in the brunette. She manages to make her way out of the small room and over to the window. Nessa's hand shoots up to cover her mouth from shock upon seeing a very pissed off Josh and Jaden making their way towards her house. Nessa watches as Mad's hands over the boxes to Jaden and they load all of her things into Josh's jeep.