꧁. T W E N T Y ꧂

Despite living together, Josh and Nessa have rarely seen much of each other for the past two weeks- with the only exception being when they're having meals or going to appointments at the doctors office together. There's an important game tonight at the school that college scouts will be attending, so Josh has put every spare minute that he has into training and preparing for it. His nerves are bunching up together in the pit of his stomach but he's grown used to pushing his emotions aside for football and not letting anything interfere with it.

Nessa on the other hand has been worrying about him every spare minutes that she has. This whole week has been spent taking tests and studying, studying and taking tests. She misses hanging out with Josh and doing parent stuff with him or simply just relaxing together, talking together. Their relationship is starting to become more unavoidable and she's certain that soon, one of them will have to spill and reveal all. Her bets are on herself. She's emotional as it is what with being seventeen weeks pregnant and all.

"Are you okay?" Mads asks curiously as she pulls into the school parking lot. There's hardly any spaces left and people are walking all over the place, all of them with the same destination goal. The football field.

Nessa unbuckles her seatbelt before looking over at her best friend with an unsure smile. "I think so. The baby's sitting in a weird position so it's hurting a little but it's the same pain I've felt for a few days" she brushes off while grabbing her backpack.

Mads eyes her skeptically, worried that she's not telling her the whole truth but she also has no reason to doubt her. Why would she lie?

The blonde dismisses the uneasy feeling and decides to just enjoy the night with her friends instead of worrying over nothing. The two girls link arms like always, Mad's resting her hand on Nessa's bump that has become increasingly larger since the last time she saw her. When it comes to her bump, Nessa is actually quite protective of it which is something she never knew she could be. The only people she ever allows to touch it are Josh and Madison and sometimes Bryce when he's being childlike and really interested in how it all works.

The football field is crowded with players from both teams as the pair enter the grounds. They make their way to the bleachers where other friends and family members from the home team are seated already. The girls stop at the second row of seats, not wanting to sit too high up incase Nessa trips and has a fall or one of the dumbass players let the ball slip and it comes hurling towards her in the air like a bullet.

Out on the filed, Josh and Bryce are passing the ball back and forth to each other, Jaden is doing his pre game stretches and Kio is laying on the ground- doing his breathing exercises. "Oh hey! The girls are here" Bryce calls, motioning with his hand towards the bleachers where Mads, Nessa, Addison and Avani are all seated and in the middle of a conversation.

As quick as his head will turn, Josh searches the crowd of red and gold colors- a smile making an appearance on his lips when the familiar brunette catches his eye. He must've been staring for a while, zoning out a little because apparently the whistle blew at some point and the next thing he knows is he's being dragged back to the starting position by Kio.

Excited, Nessa loops her arm with Mads' as she looks into the field, her own hazel orbs searching for the only person she wants to see. When she finds him, he's putting on his helmet and shaking away the nerves just like he always does. A giddy sensation starts to bubble inside the small girl while she tries to fight off the urge to run down onto the field and give him a kiss good luck. Not that he needs it of course.

꧁꧂

With halftime fast approaching and the home team leading by 4 points, the game turns ugly and anticipation lingers in the air. The opposing team try using dirty tactics when the referee isn't looking which only causes the crowd of supporters to yell at the top of their lungs until they turn blue in the face. The home team huddle together for a few seconds- allowing them to regroup and come up with new strategy. The optimistic crowd continue to cheer them on, hoping to give them that extra push that they need.

"Hey! Watch my boyfriends face you frodo looking ass bitch" Mad's yells over the chants- furious that one of the away teams players had just tackled Jaden to the ground.

Nessa lets out a heart laugh as she looks over at her best friend with raised eyebrows and am amused smile. In the midst of her uncontrollable laughter, Nessa feels a trickle of  fluid soak her underwear and she cusses, shaking her head.

"Mad's I gotta go to the bathroom- you made me pee" she sighs before rolling her eyes. Her friend only nodding in understanding and apologizing through a teasing giggle.

Nessa climbs down the few steps- saying 'excuse me' to the people that stand in her way. She watches the game play on while walking along the pathway. It makes her happy to see Josh in his element like this and knowing that he's been playing the best she's ever seen him play makes it all that bit more special. With the school being empty due to the football game, there isn't a line for the bathroom like there normally is which she's very thankful for in this moment in time.

When Nessa gently pulls her leggings down she's met with a sight that causes her to gasp, tears prickling at her eyes. In a hurry, she fishes her phone out of her pocket and calls Mad's, pressing the device to her ear and repeating "hurry pick up" in a silent whisper- still trying her hardest to stay calm and not break down into a puddle of tears. After the third ring, Mad's finally picks up and she starts to rant about what's happening in the game.

"I'm bleeding".

The two words are enough for the blonde on the other end of the phone call to shut up immediately. There's a pause. Silence as they both take a second to process.

"You're what? Where are you! Are you okay? I'm coming to find you stay wherever you are I won't be long" Mad's shaky voice reassures before hanging up swiftly.

Nessa takes a few deep breaths, cleaning up what she can and flushing the toilet. She pulls her leggings back up before exiting the stall and making her way out into the main area of the bathroom. She places both of her hands onto her bump delicately, hoping that the bundle inside is still with her. She finally lets a tear drop, it landing directly onto her bump.

"Please. Please be okay".