꧁ T E N ꧂

It's been a whole month since that day in the play park where Josh and Nessa had the fight. Neither of them have spoken nor crossed paths with each other since and the same goes for Nessa and Mad's. Although she was upset with her best friend for telling Josh, Nessa had no real reason to be mad at her, she did what she thought was the right thing. Mads on the other hand couldn't see past Nessa being willing to abort Josh's baby without his knowledge and has been icing her out ever since.

Nessa is nearing the end of her first trimester and the only person she has to turn to is Taylor but even she isn't much help. Marissa however, has been giving her some really good advice at the appointments and she's helped in some ways.

After much consideration about how she wants the outcome of this pregnancy to turn out, Nessa has come to the decision of giving her baby up for adoption when it's born. Taylor has agreed to allow Nessa to move in with her and do homeschooling for the rest of the year. Her parents were confused with their daughters sudden change of heart but they eventually agreed to let her do as she pleases. It broke Nessa's heart, knowing that she wasn't going to be able to live her senior year the way she'd planned to for so many years. She wouldn't have her best friend by her side. No prom. No graduation with pretty dresses and caps and gowns. Instead, she would have swollen feet and disgusting food cravings.

Sighing while unbuckling her seatbelt, Nessa opens the car door, pushing it shut seconds after. Her parents let her have the car for tonight as they're  going to be working late and Julian is staying with a friend.

Despite it being Friday night, Nessa has plans to stay in and pack her things. She's moving in with Taylor on Sunday and she officially starts homeschooling on Monday. How fun.

Loud music and flashing strobe lights cause the girls insides to churn as she walks along the sidewalk. Nessa looks down at the address written on the back of her hand as she crosses her fingers and prays that the house she's on her way to isn't the one throwing the party. Much to her dismay of course, Nessa's worst fear comes true when she stands on the front lawn of Avani Greggs house.

The front door swings open just as Nessa reaches for the doorbell. A drunk Nick Austin comes staggering out and lands on the porch with a loud thud and exaggerated groans.

"Nick? Oh my god are you okay?". The concerned girl crouches down, putting her hand on his head, her thumb caressing his forehead.

"I'm good, tripped over my lace" he whines, pointing to his untied shoelaces. Nessa stifles a laugh before sitting down, crossing her legs into a basket and bringing the boys limp foot towards her.

Nick lays with his arms over his head as he tries to refrain himself from puking all over the porch. He shouldn't have had those shots. Not a single one.

After double tying his laces, Nessa helps the drunk boy to his feet. "You need a ride home?" She questions, tilting her head to the side.

Unable to keep his balance, Nick wraps his arms around Nessa's shoulders, causing her to hold him close to her, the smell of alcohol wafting in the air surrounding them.

"Woah there" she laughs. If it weren't Nick, Nessa would have left his drunken ass on the porch swing but luckily for him, Nick is one of the only pops that Nessa actually likes. He's always kind to her, always talks to her, and whenever she needs a ride home from school, he's the first to offer. After Mad's of course.

Nick smiles sloppily, his goofy grin making Nessa smile back too. He unwraps one arm and tucks her underneath his other. The two of them stand face to face, Nick feeling the cold night air sober him up.