꧁ TWENTY EIGHT ꧂

It took a few weeks for Nessa and Josh to get moved out of Josh's parents house and into one of their own. Thanks to Chris, they didn't have much trouble finding a house that was near the school, their family & friends and was also in their budget. The house is just right for the small family of three to get started with the rest of their live's. It's a recently remodeled mid-century's modern estate located in a perfectly secluded area. The perfect place for them to be a family.

Every room has been decorated to Nessa's standards and Josh was happy as long as he got to have an 'escape to' room for when he just wants to sit in his game chair and play his video games for the rest of the night. His job? Organize that room and tidy up the backyard which of course he roped his friends into helping him do.

"I found myself searching up videos on YouTube last night about my condition" Nessa casually mentions as she stands behind the marble counter-topped island, cutting up some fresh fruit.

She and Mads are currently hanging out before the football game tonight. Recently Josh and Jaden haven't been spending too much time with either of the girls, due to the final few weeks that are left of the season. They're both laser focused on the team and doing well for the scouts- that come every weekend to see them play. Some of the players have already started to receive calls and offers- including Josh.

Popping a grape in her mouth, Mads cocks her head to the side as she tries to figure out what would possess the brunette to do that.

"Why? Did you think it would help?" She asks, her question coming out mumbled due to the fruit that she has half chewed in her mouth.

Nessa shrugs her shoulders while putting the lid back on top of the container. She collects all four of the little boxes that are filled to the brim  with chopped fruity pieces and places them in the fridge for snacking on later.

"I don't know honestly but a few of the women in the videos said that they made what they uh called...a ...um..... 'just in case' package" she recalls.

Mads takes a seat on Nessa's new two week old couch, putting her feet up on the coffee table. "What's that? Like an incase you don't make it kinda thing? That's morbid babe".

Nessa chuckles, agreeing with her best friend. "Yeah but it's something to think about I guess".

"Okay so let's say you do choose to make one of those package things" Mads says, straightening herself out. "What exactly do you put in them?".

Nessa rests her hand on her left shoulder as she twists her mouth in thought. She tries to recall what the women from the videos put in theirs.

"There was this one woman- her name was Sarah- and she put self tapes, some letters, keepsakes, and just pieces that could help the baby know who she was. This other girl Lucy put in her favorite pieces of jewelry and a poster that she had since she was twelve years old". The brunette remembers.

Mads nods slowly in understanding. She can't particularly say that the idea of her best friend making a goodbye video wouldn't be the most devastating thought she could think of but she does understand why Nessa may want to do it.

"Okay. Want my help?" Mads asks, pulling her in for a hug. Nessa looks up and into her friends' blue eyes. She smiles before letting out a low sigh and standing back up.

"I think it's something I should do on my own. I'll see you at the game later though" Nessa confirms.

Standing up, Mads stretches. "Okay fine but if you don't put a photo of you and I into that baby box I swear to god I'm not coming to your funeral". The two laugh before Nessa agrees while her best friend leaves.

Nessa spends the rest of the afternoon running a few errands and collecting a few staple pieces that she needs to complete the box of memories. She picked out a medium sized memory box which is where she'll keep everything and then also grabbed some nice stationary to write her letters with. After purchasing those things, she made her way to target to print off some photos that she thought would be fitting.  Back at home, Nessa sits comfortably on the floor of the freshly painted soft pink bedroom that'll be her daughters nursery when she makes an appearance. With all of her memory box items laying out on the floor in front of her, Nessa can't help but feel an overwhelming emotion. Maybe this wasn't the best idea in the world but she's already started so there's no going back now.

First, she picks up her shiny new pen and begins to scribble whichever words seem to flow through her baby brain. She writes a little about herself, her childhood, and meeting Josh. The day she met him is still a picture as clear as day in her head. He had walked through the gates of kindergarten with not a care in the world. For someone who was the new kid, he had all the confidence and courage you could ever want. Swarms of children stuck to him immediately- almost as if he were the honey and them, flies. Although she hadn't even spoken one word to him yet, from that moment on, Nessa had written him off as a rich, stuck up, know it all.

But that wasn't the case at all.

After writing the letters which include every piece of advice she could think of, Nessa moves on to adding the more personal items. She puts in a few good photos of herself, she and Josh, her and Mads, Josh and his friends and Patty and Chris. Nessa also puts in a photo of Julian just so the baby knows that she does have someone from her moms side of the family that she can rely on. After the photos, Nessa takes off her dainty silver necklace with an i dirt symbol at the centre- that she never leaves the house without and puts in gently in the box. Her favorite perfume goes in next and then finally a USB that contains a some video messages that she recorded on her phone earlier.

Nessa then stands up slowly, picking up the box and walking over to the built in bookshelf. She tucks the box way at the back of the highest shelf before smiling to herself, satisfied with the job. Turning back around, Nessas blood runs cold when she see's the crimson stained carpet, the blood marking the area where she was just seated.