꧁ F I V E ꧂

For the past 8 weeks, Nessa has been getting adjusted to her new class schedules, the lunch menu, and benefits of being a senior. For example, a PRO of being a senior student is that she has a new locker in a secluded area just for seniors which means she no longer has to fear being shoved into her said locker by freshmen who run past her in the hallway. The CONS list however has yet to fill up and Nessa can only take this as a sign that this year is in fact, hers.

"Isn't it weird tho? You've got classes with him- hell you still bicker with him in biology so what's the deal huh? Have you guys had some secret conversation about what happened and not told me? Oh my god NESSA you didn't tell me?".

Nessa rolls here olive green eyes for the fourth time since she and Mads stepped foot into the girls changing room. She slips her arms through the sleeves of her sweater before sitting down on the bench and tying up her sneakers.

"No Maddison, Joshua Richards and I just agreed mutually that we would never again speak of that one tragic night eight whole weeks ago and the best part is, we came to that understanding without having to speak actual verbal words! Awesome right?" The brunette sasses, sarcasm lacing her tongue.

Mads decides to give up on this conversation. It's obvious that she's not going to get the kind of answer she's been dying to hear. The kind of answer where Nessa admits she in fact did enjoy Josh being all hot and bothered on top of her for hours straight that one "tragic" night eight whole weeks ago.

The girls get dressed for gym class in silence, a few words are muttered across the room from their fellow peers but both best friends were busy getting into the zone that they need to be present in if they're going to make it through today's dodgeball tournament. This week they were supposed to be doing track but unfortunately for everyone involved, Mr. Riley called in sick for the remainder of the school week therefore leaving his class teacher-less and Mrs. Simmons being the hero she is- offered to take both senior classes. Oh wait! That's one con Nessa can add to her list.

The thing is, she wouldn't even have minded sharing her gym with another class but it just so happens that that exact class is the one that Josh and Jaden are apart of. Meaning, if there's a chance for them to choose their own partners, Nessa can't confirm for sure that Mads wouldn't chose Jaden over her. See? CON.

They walk out of the changing room and into the large gym hall together. Everyone is off doing warm ups and chatting to their friends from the other class. It isn't long before a certain brown mop of messy hair attracts Nessa's attention. The boy whom the hair belongs to is passing a football back and forth to his sidekick Jaden. The two are very invested in their conversation and it bothers Nessa that she feels a weird tingling when Josh smiles stupidly.

"Just admit you like him! It's not a crime you know" Mads shrugs, picking up a tennis ball and racket. The first half hour of gym is always spent doing warm ups or "free time" as Mrs. Simmons likes to call it.

Nessa shudders, shaking off the awful feeling and also reaching for a ball and racket.

"There's nothing to admit Madison, I don't like Joshua fuckboy Richards and I never will. He repulses me. Did we have one night where maybe I thought he was different? Maybe! but mark my words, I will never be under Josh Richards again".

"Is that a promise Bambi?" The smug voice whispers in her ear.

Goosebumps travel all over Nessas body as the feeling of Josh's warm breath on her bare skin lingers. The small girl shocks herself back into reality, pinching at her arm as she moves away from the towering boy with a face of fury.